About to spend about R70K, advice please!!!

Becks06

What should I spend it on?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What should I spend it on?

• Trek Madone
    • Spesialized
    • Giant
    • Cervelo
    • Other

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinarello' date=' Bora's and Campy Record. Sorted.[/quote']

CAADman I have to agree with that one...but if it is a Prince 70k won't do!!Dead

Heres the top of the range model of CKT' date=' just found the pic. Its a bit out of my price range.? FLIPPING NICE20090319_023556_20090129_113830.jpg

[/quote']

It might be a flippin nice bike, but what the hell kind of name is Carbon Knowledge Team? It's as though a bunch of Taiwanese factory workers thought it up.

Dude...doing it wisely is your best bet.

Look at me for example...was in the same position in November when I bought my Pinarello Paris. Now, I'm selling coz I have upgraded...but wont get anywhere near what I paid for my bike. The initial buyer is going to lose the most when it comes to these bikes. Trust me...I know!

My bike is months old and in pristine condition...but not even worth half of what I bought it for. Sure, I can ask a high price...but it aint gonna sell.

You have a nice choice ahead of you...albeit a stressfull one. Why not consider a brand new Pinarello FP6 with Chorus? Its approx R60k.

Or any of the Cervelo's

BMC?

The 928 Bianchi's would certainly fall in that range as well? Surely?

It might be a flippin nice bike' date=' but what the hell kind of name is Carbon Knowledge Team? It's as though a bunch of Taiwanese factory workers thought it up. [/quote']

what about the KHS frames = Knowledge, Health, Sport. I always thought it stood for Krugersdorp High School. smiley36.gif

The 928 Bianchi's would certainly fall in that range as well? Surely?

+ R 2,000 for an appointment at cycleart   Dead
Jackes17542009-03-19 04:21:13

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this bike! Most well known bikes are made in Taiwan anyway but designed some where else. Its the same for this one it was designed in Germany and a German squad is currently riding them. The squad was early in the year in SA riding with Neotel and i spoke to one of them and acording to him the CKT368 is one the finest bikes he has ridein in a long time.

Originally posted by Jules

It might be a flippin nice bike, but what the hell kind of name is Carbon Knowledge Team? It's as though a bunch of Taiwanese factory workers thought it up.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this bike! Most well known bikes

are made in Taiwan anyway but designed some where else. Its the same

for this one it was designed in Germany and a German squad is currently

riding them. The squad was early in the year in SA riding with Neotel

and i spoke to one of them and acording to him the CKT368 is one the

finest bikes he has ridein in a long time.

FiNRiSS2009-03-19 08:11:41

You can be competitive on a R10 000 Raleigh aswell.
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
   \|/

Im competitive on a R5000 Raleigh...If u arent in perfect conditon, take the weight off ur waist before u blow so much money

Wouldn't it be an idea to keep the best bits of kit off your current bikes and get a custom frame? Top end IF, Crumpton and Parlee might blow the budget, but a few notches down their ranges might be doable, or Lynskey, or Moots, or more interestingly perhaps a Pegoretti?

Otherwise why not keep the one of your two current frames that you prefer and get a really ridiculous wheelset - Lightweights, for example. I have no personal experience such exotica, but I gather they are the crack cocaine of upgraditis medications.

Final suggestion is kind of a combo. Get one of the no-name brand but very nice Taiwanese frames that Kiwi and Token Freak sell, and build it up with the best kit your remaining cash will buy. The 60k you have left after buying a blank frame should go a long way. Even if you buy a record gruppo through the official channels you should be able to afford some embarrassingly groovy wheels and head to toe Rapha.

pistadex2009-03-19 08:27:40

To the OP, did you win the lotto? What's the story? More money than brains? I don't get it? You are only just starting the sport and you can like to unload cash like that? WTF? I've got a R3500 full carbon bike for you, start on that, and when you can at least balance without fairy wheels, then open up the vault. 

20090319_083320_italia.jpg

Made in Japan / Taiwan / China  in other words ?  LOL
Thank God there is no town in  Taiwan or China called Cambiago Wink!! Could still tolerate if Japanese but The Chinese melamine bicycle...no thank you!!