Cajees - is this regular practice

pastapouch

that they mostly sell bikes way too big to beginners? Good heavens, we did a MTB 'clinic' one Sunday. And one of the guys had gone to Cajees Princess Crossing and bought himself a MTB. So this bloke is at most 1.6m tall, they give him a 22inch bicycle.

Is this a way to squeeze more money out of the new cyclists?

I happen to also have fallen into that trap...AngryAngryAngry

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup Cajees the only people to screw you over and then make it look so good that you walk out smiling and bragging to everyone you meet!!!

its difficult not to lose my temper now...

but its not just them, you get crap service from all "these" shops...

a couple of weeks ago I was at Solomons in Pta and looking for keo cleats,, the kid working there tells me about the keo grips,, and says that the "rubber" bits on the bottom of the cleat is for it to grip better in the pedal...

needless to say I took my money elsewhere!

No they not the only ones.i have seen a woman buy a road bike(from a PE shop)and she was told she has long arms.She was sold a 58 frame and she should ride a 52.

But you've been riding bikes for a while, you should know your size. And since when do you ride MTB?

Bought a bike there when I started - they did not set-up nothing. If it was not such a good deal I would have walked out. Have since been there for smaller stuff, and after their discount, they get to what other bike shops sell at.

I only go there now if on my way and I know what I want

its difficult not to lose my temper now...

but its not just them' date=' you get crap service from all "these" shops...

a couple of weeks ago I was at Solomons in Pta and looking for keo cleats,, the kid working there?tells me about the keo grips,, and says that the "rubber" bits on the bottom of the cleat is for it to grip better in the pedal...

needless to say I took my money elsewhere!

[/quote']

Hahahahahahahahaha thats funny!!!!!!

so did you buy your new cleats to grip or not to grip???? smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

a couple of weeks ago I was at Solomons in Pta and looking for keo cleats' date=', the kid working there tells me about the keo grips,, and says that the "rubber" bits on the bottom of the cleat is for it to grip better in the pedal...

[/quote']

What is that rubber thingy for anyway?

But you've been riding bikes for a while' date=' you should know your size. And since when do you ride MTB?

.[/quote']

thats me, I'd know where to buy and where not, and as I know many in the cycling faternity, I get the info on what I want before going to the shop! I've had a MTB for 18 months now, go out about once every two months. But, this  more about the person wanting to start cycling, then going to these f(*&(*ing *(&(*(* *(&(*&^&^&$ (EXCUSE THE blood boiling words) who are out to screw the person not knowing much about cycling. It apparently is a way to sell something they can't get rid off, to anybody, whether its right, and then when the person gets experience, he/she realise, oh , this bikes too big... back to Cajees.... and you're screwed... again. Now you have to buy a new bicycle...

Everyday I drive past that shop, I think, shall I go in there and f*&^&* everyone up from Manager to till operator???AngryAngryAngry

a couple of weeks ago I was at Solomons in Pta and looking for keo cleats' date=', the kid working there tells me about the keo grips,, and says that the "rubber" bits on the bottom of the cleat is for it to grip better in the pedal...

[/quote']

What is that rubber thingy for anyway?

so you dont slip while walking in them! I had the look cleats without the "grips" and they get quite slippery on tiles and stuff!

so yeah Turtlek, I took my cleats with grips and sometimes the grip so much I have to leave my shoes in the pedals cause I cant clip out! LOLLOLLOL

Wink

But you've been riding bikes for a while' date=' you should know your size. And since when do you ride MTB?

.[/quote']

thats me, I'd know where to buy and where not, and as I know many in the cycling faternity, I get the info on what I want before going to the shop! I've had a MTB for 18 months now, go out about once every two months. But, this  more about the person wanting to start cycling, then going to these f(*&(*ing *(&(*(* *(&(*&^&^&$ (EXCUSE THE blood boiling words) who are out to screw the person not knowing much about cycling. It apparently is a way to sell something they can't get rid off, to anybody, whether its right, and then when the person gets experience, he/she realise, oh , this bikes too big... back to Cajees.... and you're screwed... again. Now you have to buy a new bicycle...

Everyday I drive past that shop, I think, shall I go in there and f*&^&* everyone up from Manager to till operator???AngryAngryAngry

you're gonna need backup just tell me when and where... OuchAngryWink

[

Everyday I drive past that shop' date= I think, shall I go in there and f*&^&* everyone up from Manager to till operator???AngryAngryAngry
[/quote]

Dont, you will be arrested for assault and locked up.

often it is not the bike shops fault that a new bike owner walks out with a ill fitting bike.

Customers are weird creatures. THey walk in the door and they think they know exactlywhat they want and that they are not leaving without their bike. Discount shops  experience this issue most since the customers they attract "just want a bike to ride to the shop" not into anything big.

The next day they turn up at the trail thinking they screwed the shop over with their awesome deal...

so not always the shops fault

People take the wrong sizes because these sloping tubes screw with their minds. They remember that the correct size is 1 hand width between the top tube crotch and then take a too big bike.

[

Everyday I drive past that shop' date= I think, shall I go in there and f*&^&* everyone up from Manager to till operator???AngryAngryAngry
[/quote]

Dont, you will be arrested for assault and locked up.

naah scotty, won't really do that. I still have  a few braincells left telling me to calm down and try and warn aspriring cyclists about this lot and not to do something stupid.