Cajees - is this regular practice

pastapouch

Bought a bike there when I started - they did not set-up nothing. If it was not such a good deal I would have walked out. Have since been there for smaller stuff' date=' and after their discount, they get to what other bike shops sell at.

I only go there now if on my way and I know what I want
[/quote']

haha when i bought the duallie, i knew exactly what i wanted. stood around in the shop for almost an hour, waiting for attention, asking here and there, but no-one to attend to me, overhearing converstions about why this bike would be more expensive than that one, or wht whis bike would suit the purpose better (nonw of which made sense) ... finally located the bikes tht i were looking for, on the top floor ... and later walked out without anyone saying a word to me ... they didn't want my money, so i went to spend it somewhere else.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have bought 3 bikes from Cajees, 2 (1st bike way to big for me) from Princess Crossing and 1 from Strubens Valley. There prices are excellent on bikes - once you ask for the real price. They are by no means experts on cycling, it's like buying a computer from Game or Makro, may get a good price, but don't ask them for any advice. What I am saying is pretty much what others have said, if you want to make use of Cajees, make sure you know what you want, you have a good idea of your sizing otherwise you are risking your cash on a white elephant.

Even the pre-delivery service on bikes at Cajees is shocking, I expect that and for price I pay for a bike there am willing to accept it. I don't think they are out there to knock you off or sell you the wrong sized bike. I have always found them most helpful.

It really boils down to sizing being a skill aquired over time or aquired on by means of a computer application. Cajees shops don't have the computerised sizing tool. But what you could do is locate a bike shop that has a sizing application and is willing to simply size you, pay for the assessment and get a print out of you ideal bikes dimensions, then go shopping (I am not advocating using a bike shop just for sizing and then running off to Cajees, I am saying be upfront, pay for it).

Seen that happen at a few bike shops' date=' not exclusive to one shop.[/quote']

So true....Cajees Eastgate, Cajees Boksburg, Cajees etc etc etc Big%20smile

Made the mistake of buying my first competive machine at Cajees. When I heard a creak in the back stay I took my bike back to Cajees. I was ignored when I spoke to the original guy that sold me the bike. I then took it to Sweat & Gears where Lee and Pieter even offered to strip the frame and take it to the supplier to fix it. At NO charge at all!!!!!! Pieter eventually found the problem and sorted it. I had MANY happy miles since, and have subsequently bought 5 more bikes from S&G, a proper bike shop.

I will not let anyone else touch my bikes, or sell me kettles bikes.

You may want to buy patches at Cajees....just check them first....

My motto with Cajees, you may buy from them....ONCE.....

that they mostly sell bikes way too big to beginners? Good heavens' date=' we did a MTB 'clinic' one Sunday. And one of the guys had gone to Cajees Princess Crossing and bought himself a MTB. So this bloke is at most 1.6m tall, they give him a 22inch bicycle.

Is this a way to squeeze more money out of the new cyclists?

I happen to also have fallen into that trap...AngryAngryAngry
[/quote']

AIII one time, I just want to cell the bloooody bike and all man, what do yooouuu mean its to biggggg, itsssssssss all about the price

THAT DINGBATS IS WHY YOU GO TO A PROPER BIKE SHOP, PAY A BIT MORE AND GET THE RIGHT ADVICE AND EQUIPMENT, IF YOU JUST FOCUS ON PRICE ITS LIKE INSURING WITH OUTSURANCE TILL YOU HAVE A BIG CLAIM.
the problem is not the experienced cyclists. Its that poor soul who says, 'I need to get fit, maybe take up cycling'. Then he/she goes to freakin Cajees, expecting to get decent service , and then they get ripped off because they don't have the know how. And as someone stated it a while ago, its because my parents used to buy there... How the hell does one stop that, my ideas would just put me in jail...AngryAngry

Well you may get the wrong size bike from Cajees but at least you know the price is not fixed.

Ha,Ha,Ha, - quick this morning eh.!

Ive never had an issue with them, I dont buy much locally but I will drive out of my way to go to the store in the Comaro Crossing centre, the young lady there (dont know her name) who appears to run it is always pleasant and obliging - I dont haggle with prices either, I walk in ask for what I want pay for it (they usually just give me a discount anyway) and I leave - my kind of quick shopping.!Big%20smile 

I bought my 1st proper mountainbike from Cajees in 4ways but I walked in knowing what I wanted and I walked out 15 minutes later.

I won't however get my bike serviced there nor will I purchase accessories as there marked prices are ridiculous.

change of topic a bit' date=' but if you need/want great service go to the lbs at festival mall

[/quote']

Cant agree more matthew is a great guy and george is just george cant go wrong there unless you want a bianchi then you gotta look elsewhere smiley6.gif

that said i would rather give george business over any other LBS just because if there is a problem with the sale he made he doesnt hide away from customers he sorts things out pronto!!! smiley32.gif

Back in the day a tall woman and short man walked into the shop and wanted new bikes. She was a 58 - he was a 56 - do you think he'd accept a bike smaller than hers? Not a chance. He wanted a 60 and didn't want to know anything else. Eventually he pretty much ripped the 60 out of my hands, went to till and paid. The dude had about 3 microns between his manhood and the top bar...

Well you may get the wrong size bike from Cajees but at least you know the price is not fixed.

Ha' date='Ha,Ha, - quick this morning eh.!

Ive never had an issue with them, I dont buy much locally but I will drive out of my way to go to the store in the Comaro Crossing centre, the young lady there (dont know her name) who appears to run it is always pleasant and obliging - I dont haggle with prices either, I walk in ask for what I want pay for it (they usually just give me a discount anyway) and I leave - my kind of quick shopping.!Big%20smile 
[/quote']

Zainub - yes I buy there now and then Embarrassed

Cajees Princess crossing... As some of you say, if you know what you want, and you know your prices you are OK.

Their service dept is shocking really really bad. Their accessory prices can be so out of price range (up) it is laughable.

USN gu's around R7.00 at Diskem .. Cajee's princess R14.95 Try getting them to order something not usually in stock..how about 3 months and it still hasn't arrived.

Go to a reputable bike shop, there is what you have been waiting for, on their shelf..

I walked into the Westrand Xing branch and said I wanted a SDG Bel-Air Saddle. They said they do not know them and do not stock them. I pointed to the Raleigh on the floor that had it on. They said I could have that one for R400. I said I can get it for R200 from another shop, they said I could have it for R200 and got the mechanic to take it off the bike.

I walked into the Westrand Xing branch and said I wanted a SDG Bel-Air Saddle. They said they do not know them and do not stock them. I pointed to the Raleigh on the floor that had it on. They said I could have that one for R400. I said I can get it for R200 from another shop' date=' they said I could have it for R200 and got the mechanic to take it off the bike.

.[/quote']

thats price fixing!!

I dont believe there is one bike shop that has 100% satisfied customer's, one riders good experience with a shop is s negated by someone else's bad. I've had good experience from some cycle shops slammed here, and bad from some praised.

I dont believe there is one bike shop that has 100% satisfied customer's' date=' one riders good experience with a shop is s negated by someone else's bad. I've had good experience from some cycle shops slammed here, and bad from some praised.

[/quote']

Westdene = they scrathed my fork but have not stopped shoping at them. No one can beat their prices.

Linden = bit expensive and limited stock

Northcliff = expensive but their guys know what they are talkign about

Westrand = super friendly and knowledgeadable. Bit expensive

Mike's = miss communication was sorted out. They will go the extra mile to help you. Best front desk person in the business. A bit expensive. Open on Sundays.

Dunkeld = limited stock but helpfull staff.

Cajees = very wide range. Expensive untill you barter with them. Princess branch knows me so I do not have to ask them.

Those are the shops in and around my area.