bike to work - like a girl?

wildog_a

While we are all trying out our lights, or trying out the cars without our lights, we may just want to keep going all the way to the office. I got this notice from PPA this morning. Wouldn't it be cool if we did actually all try to ride our bikes to work one day?

>>BIKE TO WORK DAY<<
It's time for our next Bike to Work Day! Start planning now to cycle to work on Friday 23 March 2007. Can you assist in spreading the word by putting up posters at your office, or by getting a note into your company's newsletter? Email info@pedalpower.org.za for more information.

Must say, I conducted a bit of an impromptu commuter experiment towards the end of last year when my Sparky-car was feeling a bit cranky. If you think people drive inconsiderately when you are in full kit, try riding your bike in a skirt and a pair of plakkies... obviously no helmet!

Richard and Geoff, I hereby publically challenge you to a circuit with me, in suitable girl attire, around the block where Cycle Lab is (including William Nichol, whether the traffic light is working or not - helmet obviously in situ) in peak time traffic. The ride will end with a triumphal swoop through the Design Quarter.

Ad?le Tait

Editor

Ride mag

you do realise that photo's must be taken at least every couple of 100 meters and posted here?????

Yes, Geoff says he will be there, and we are having coffee afterwards at that fancy Woolies in the Design Quarter.

They have ruled my bike too butch, however!

wildog a, which bike were you planning to use and what bike do they say you need to use instead?

Wildog has that larney carbon fibre Spaz Epic that Ewep is always trying to claim for himself.

I'll have to make sure that I'm in the area.  I hope that bike has a body guard or 60, 'cause this time I'll HAVE it!!!

I'll have to make sure that I'm in the area.  I hope that bike has a body guard or 60' date=' 'cause this time I'll HAVE it!!! [/quote']

Geoff + Short skirt+ No underwear = who needs bodyguards!

I'll have to make sure that I'm in the area.  I hope that bike has a body guard or 60' date=' 'cause this time I'll HAVE it!!! [/quote']

Geoff + Short skirt+ No underwear = who needs bodyguards!

...faints...

By the way, now I've had an affirmative reply from Richard as well.

Perhaps I should get Rich to bring his Diadora girls (they don't have to ride at all, just pose in cycling kit in the vague proximity of some bikes)... to rekindle wider interest in riding to work!

Perhaps I should get Rich to bring his Diadora girls (they don't have to ride at all, just pose in cycling kit in the vague proximity of some bikes)... to rekindle wider interest in riding to work!

That could pretty much kill William Nichol for motorists on the day.LOLLOL