Let's see those Morewoods...

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Be interested to know how much the repair will be, what part of the rear triangle cracked?

Will let you know. Cracked at drive side chain stay on the weld with the machined main pivot link

& what are the minor mods?

Removing cable boss to rear of seat tube - I run 1x and have no desire to go back. Besides, tyre rubs on the cable boss under full compression with some of the bigger treads.

Removing cable bosses from top tube and replacing with hose bosses - front cable line becomes dropper post line, rear cable line allows for continuous routing

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, anybody know if the Sakuma will accommodate 650b wheels, and any restrictions on rear tyre width if it does? Have converted my Zula ( before the 27.5 model came out) but looking for a longer travel option too

Edited by anthemic

Hi guys, anybody know if the Sakuma will accommodate 650b wheels, and any restrictions on rear tyre width if it does? Have converted my Zula ( before the 27.5 model came out) but looking for a longer travel option too

I doubt it. I have a Sukuma with 26x 2.4 Nobby Nics on and the rear tyre buzzes the chain stay when cornering hard. The 27.5" conversion works on the Zula because the single pivot design allows more tyre clearance (ie. The seatpost is what limits the tyre, whereas the split-pivot design on the Sukuma has limiting factors on both the seat and the chain stays.

I doubt it. I have a Sukuma with 26x 2.4 Nobby Nics on and the rear tyre buzzes the chain stay when cornering hard. The 27.5" conversion works on the Zula because the single pivot design allows more tyre clearance (ie. The seatpost is what limits the tyre, whereas the split-pivot design on the Sukuma has limiting factors on both the seat and the chain stays.

Thanks, really appreciate the input, what's the bike like as an enduro machine? Not hung up on 650b, happy to go 26 for the right bike.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Wondering what is the max travel front fork recommended on the Zula 26er, or the max people have used. I am running a Recon Race 100mm and toying with the idea of changing it.

Input appreciated

Cheers

Hi All

Wondering what is the max travel front fork recommended on the Zula 26er, or the max people have used. I am running a Recon Race 100mm and toying with the idea of changing it.

Input appreciated

Cheers

120mm is max travel on a Zula

• 4 weeks later...

Hey gents. Just want to check with the morewood growd. I am 1.85 m tall would a Zula XL frame be to big for me. I can't find exact information regarding this issue on the net.

Hey gents. Just want to check with the morewood growd. I am 1.85 m tall would a Zula XL frame be to big for me. I can't find exact information regarding this issue on the net.

I'm 1.83 and ride a L...but don't think an Xl will be too big...it will be more about reach..so if you are all legs then it might be

I guess I could just use I shorter stem. Although my arms aren't on the short side. Thanks stretch

I know she's a little older, but i do love her...

Before and after pics!

Thanks to The Sherrif

post-53966-0-06694400-1423124100_thumb.jpg

post-53966-0-04747300-1423124037_thumb.jpg

New Items

- Dropper Post

- Rear Shock

- Shorter Stem

- New Drive Train, gone from 3x9 to 1x10, Narrow Wide Chainring, installed yesterday.

- Clutch Derailer

- American Classic Wheel Set

- WTB Saddle

- Home Made Mud Flap!!

Just gotta change the rubber...