Van Gaalens

L.T.G

Had my first ride out at Van Gaalens this morning!!

Not even Salma Hayek  could make me smile this much!

what an awesome, AWESOME ride!!

Groenkloof still my fav, cos you can get a bit more out of it...BUT WOW, i had sooooooooooo much fun!!!!Big%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

L.T.G2009-05-24 05:15:56

:)

that singletrack is so good, you want to keep it all for yourself so that it doesn't become overcrowded ... but next thing you see, someone ask you about the silly grin on your face, and before you can help it, you've blurted it all out !

ain't that some of the sweetest singletrack you've ever ridden?

so so sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet!

i came back with cavitiesLOL

:)

that singletrack is so good' date=' you want to keep it all for yourself so that it doesn't become overcrowded ... but next thing you see, someone ask you about the silly grin on your face, and before you can help it, you've blurted it all out !

[/quote']

exactly!!

ain't that some of the sweetest singletrack you've ever ridden?
so so sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet!i came back with cavitiesLOL

smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif nicely put!

Have been meaning to try out Van Gaalens for a while... thanks for the added inspiration...

Have been meaning to try out Van Gaalens for a while... thanks for the added inspiration...

it's your older thread that got me interested, along with motivation from what  Cat-i said......

don't wait...

it's your older thread that got me interested' date=' along with motivation from what  Cat-i said......

don't wait...
[/quote']

No more waiting... I know where I will be next Sunday morning!

• 3 months later...

Does anyome have a map for the trails around Van Gaalens or can you get one when you pay the trail entrance fee?

How long are the loops ??

A nice addition is to ride from Van Gaalens back to the Spar (about 8km) then do the "koppie" across the road. Its lekker tough technical terrain due it being a 4x4 track. Then do the awesome downhill at the back. There is then a route that takes you back to Van Gaalens. We often carry on past Van Gaalens and eventually enter at the back - which is bit of a drag cause it is on dirt roads, but the finish is so worth it!!

I need a job wher i can go ride van gaalesn on a tuesday!! Or maybe I should stop sitting in hope of finding it and become the boss??