DS MTB

Viskop

Also have a look at the Merida range' date=' some nice bikes in that price range. [/quote']

I'd like to eco that!Thumbs%20Up

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marathon XC / some Groenkloof type terrain.Comfort is a big issue.I have a hardtail but it's killing my back.

Yeah, try look for something with about 100mm of travel, an LX/XT mixed gruppo or the X7/X9 mixed gruppo. Giant is always a good option on a budget. One day once you've tried everything else you can get a Titus, it's what you get once you know what you're looking for.

Have a look at a Merida Mission 2000 - RRP = R17990.00 but I'm sure you can bargain that down a bit. Good bikes, value for money, Quality A+ and made in the Specialized factory - basically the same frame as Specialized Epic with a similar setup to the Epic Brain.

Write up on this in the last Bicycling MTB magazine.

Actually Specialized is made in the Merida factory to be more accurate. And it doesn't use the Specialized brain system, it just uses a normal shock in the same position.

I stand corrected, but the Merida's back shock is an Manitou Radium R L - works similar to the Fox Brain shock - only activates once the going gets bumpy and can also be locked out manually via "poplock" on the handle bar (however this is not really necessary at all). No pedal bob - I can vouch for this - in fact works very well. 

It is an FSr design afterall, it should have pedalling and bump forces isolated. I don't think it's the best execution of the design but it is a nice one nonetheless.

Marathon XC / some Groenkloof type terrain.Comfort is a big issue.I have a hardtail but it's killing my back.

VISKOP !!

Stretch those Hammies

Learn to spin up the hills (He who spins wins,  moes n?)

Anything SPECIALIZED

SwissVan2007-03-23 10:21:14

Guest Big H

Remember that you will pay import tax and VAT on a fully assembled bike. Spares .... none, only 14%VAT

Buff, D-R, Thug....very funny LOLLOLLOL

Like I've said....Titus Whore and proud of it! Big%20smile

Been scarce cos I've been trying to get some work done. It's kinda Epic related as my brother/partner works there every year and we had to get a $H!TLOAD of work out before he left!

But back to the topic at hand.....Fishy, you really can't go wrong here!

Titus MotoLite

The frame retails for around 13k which is the biggest bargain ever! As Buff alluded to earlier, yes, you just buy the frame and spend a year or two saving up for the other parts.....worth every painful day of waiting!

If you don't want to wait you could also opt to sell some unnecessary 'accesories'....stuff you don't really need. Items included here are generally cars, house....if you're poor then wive and kids. If you really like them you can hang on to them and just pimp them for a month or three, depending of course on how good-looking they are.

Last alternative(and TitusTi's preferred method of cash-enrichment) is to just sell a kidney. We all know you only really need one!

Trust me....you won't regret it! Greatest bike EVER BUILT! Trailbike of the year 2yrs running!

20070323_122237_Knysna_076.jpg

Don't listen to anyone else(except TitusTi....he talks some sense) least of all dirt-rider and ChrisH.....they've been brainwashed by the Raleigh Mafia from Hillbrow!

Thug, he just talks K@K all the time and Marius is the same! I mean really....they both bought Santa Cruz Superlights.....BWAA-HAAAAAHAAAA!!!!

Superlights....bwaaahhhaahaaaa LOL

BigH.....thinks Shimano is cool, so really, no sense there either! Tongue

Really only two people on the Hub that know anything then....just ask us if you have any questions Wink

Guest Big H

Hail Lemptjops with MintSauce the self proclaimed know it all wunderboy from the western cape, the cradle of newly found wisdom (if only they could learn to play rugby!!!!)....... hail o great self learned wise one ..... hail!!!!!!! The nation salutes you in your unbridled wisdom and greatness. Thou areth the chosen one to lead us dimwit cyclists to the new dawn of glory in CYCLING!!!!!!! Big H2007-03-24 03:56:22

Buff' date=' D-R, Thug....very funny LOLLOLLOL

Been scarce cos I've been trying to get some work done. It's kinda Epic related as my brother/partner works there every year and we had to get a $H!TLOAD of work out before he left!

Titus MotoLite

The frame retails for around 13k which is the biggest bargain ever! As Buff alluded to earlier, yes, you just buy the frame and spend a year or two saving up for the other parts.....worth every painful day of waiting!

If you don't want to wait you could also opt to sell some unnecessary 'accesories'....stuff you don't really need. Items included here are generally cars, house....if you're poor then wive and kids. If you really like them you can hang on to them and just pimp them for a month or three, depending of course on how good-looking they are.

Last alternative(and TitusTi's preferred method of cash-enrichment) is to just sell a kidney. We all know you only really need one!

Trust me....you won't regret it! Greatest bike EVER BUILT! Trailbike of the year 2yrs running!

Don't listen to anyone else(except TitusTi....he talks some sense) least of all dirt-rider and ChrisH.....they've been brainwashed by the Raleigh Mafia from Hillbrow!

Thug, he just talks K@K all the time and Marius is the same! I mean really....they both bought Santa Cruz Superlights.....BWAA-HAAAAAHAAAA!!!!

Really only two people on the Hub that know anything then....just ask us if you have any questions Wink

[/quote']

LOL!!!,okayyyy???

Buff' date=' D-R, Thug....very funny LOLLOLLOL

Titus MotoLite

[/quote']

LOL!!!.

Your enthusiasm scares me.