Farking idiot - seen on N1 into Cape Town

mdk555

So whenever we reach 40km/hr we should break or stop cycling altogether ?

that pretty much rules everything out except maybe staring at one's bike in the spare room...........

The implication of my quote was that riding behind a truck at 40 kms per hour can.................................................!

.......................Ag, what the hell,..........yah, drafting trucks at 40kph is cool, I suggest you go out and participate, bound to excite you.!

porky2009-06-22 14:53:34

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ah chill guys' date=' he's not endangering you at all but himself, if i wanna do that behind trucks i'm going to, it's not going to change anyones life but my own, so enjoy monday it's almost over [/quote']

ah no...its does impact us your fellow cyclist cos when you dead and plastered on back of the truck, we have to endure the pain of a fellow cyclist been killed we have to ebar the brunt of media hype against cyclists....and give a thought to your family who are left behind....This kind of statement is arrogant and selfsih.

There is actually a very nice single track on the other side of the road. Its safe and its off tar. Myself and hairy do it often, in fact you will see hairy riding home this afternoon in the BAD weather...like a true MTBer.

I think it's fair to say (and proven by the comments on this thread) that most of us have hooked trucks before ... hey, it's a thrilling experience.  I've checked my heartrate during these "adventures" (yes - of course it's after the fact, cause technology allows me to download the data and scrutinize it at my leisure) and the exertion rate is always higher than normal riding.  Typically, you're far more alert - watching the brake lights, peeping past the side of the truck at the road ahead, etc.  So how many injuries have you heard of due to guys hooking trucks?

If I've left the forest on my way back home (unfortunately I live in a suburb where the roads are tarred) and a truck trundles past offering me a tow ... I'm gonna hook it!

This old dog will continue to chase trucks . . . and catch them . . When I get older it will be the milk float.

We all do it, did 90km/h behind a truck down Botha Avenue going to groenkloof once, and down Rodger Dayson. Having said that I think it is insane to ride like that, one never knows what's going to happen next.

But I will do it again, even if I say I won't, we all do.

It's funny....these bikers who profess to care soooo much.....are probably the same ones that cruise past on the other side of the road and don't greet, or ignore you when you drop out of a training bunch with a flat.

Maybe it's just sour grapes.....he was on his bike during the day, and they were "too busy" to go out and ride.

If you haven't slipstreamed a truck before....go out and live a little. Just make sure you wear a helmet !!!!!

Guest Big H

Slipstreaming is maybe OK. I have done it before..... ADRENALIN!!!!!! ............but has anybody mentioned it is illegal to ride a bicycle on a highway???????

............but has anybody mentioned it is illegal to ride a bicycle on a highway???????

Nobody has because it not illegal to ride a bike on a "Highway" although is is illegal on a "Freeway"

I have also done it,  most of us have .  It is downright foolish, but we still do it.  To do this on a dikwiel must be a hoot.

ps :  I DO NOT CONDONE THIS OR BLAST IT.  I am just as guilty

This old dog will continue to chase trucks . . . and catch them . . When I get older it will be the milk float.

hey mate... long time!

this is a stupid thread anyways, so we might as well hijack it

Hey. Last year, I remember it well, it was on my birthday... Came back from a mtb ride on a Sunday morning, hooked onto Mercury street for the last piece home, and caught a truck loaded with grass just outside Lee's shop... took me all the way down to the Vet, stayed at around 55-60 the whole way, and we snagged every robot on green... was an awesome end to the ride...

Motorpacing...I do it all the time. Helmetless. Behind a taxi, then I get to skip red lights aswell.