Bicycling Bibshort review

Evan Andreou

I mean' date=' I don't even buy clothes to that value in a year for myself LOL

[/quote']

Vasbyt reiterated the value of good shorts (Assos F1 uno in my case)

It's worth the expense but I wear them sparingly which is why I ordered the CS matrix based on the review as an alternative

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Ass takes the most beating on the bike, I think it's only fair it gets treated to the best Bibbs on the market. I'm going to take special care of them, only hand wash so they'll last a few years this time, I also don't like spending stupid amounts of money on cycling stuffCry

I've come to the realisation that the more time you spend on your bike, the more you have to look after your Ass.

So....

If I look into my crystal ball....... what do I see..........

Possibly Assos F1 Uno which seems an excellent compromise between the  f#$kin ridiculous price of the F13 and the somewhat cheaper CS Matrix.

And .......

a normal everyday pair of either PI's or CS Matrix.

Talk about a grudge purchase !! Unhappy Ouch

Has any tried Pearl Izumi bib shorts and Santini?

I need to get a new pair of shorts and was considering these brands' date=' so any feedback would be welcome.

[/quote']

I bought some PI shorts in July 06 when I was on a business trip. I am very happy with them. Have ridden all my audax rides, 24 hour ,etc with them. I have had no problems in terms of chaffing, sores etc.

After nearly a year the shorts still look new and I wear them every week.

I bought some PI shorts in July 06 when I was on a business trip. I am very happy with them. Have ridden all my audax rides' date=' 24 hour ,etc with them. I have had no problems in terms of chaffing, sores etc.

After nearly a year the shorts still look new and I wear them every week.
[/quote']

Thanks I-FLY

The only way to know is to try them.  I have a pair of Santinis and they are unwearable, but of course others love them so......

Problem with Assos is if you try them and they don't fit your A$$, your wallet is going to feel very empty.

The only way to know is to try them.  I have a pair of Santinis and they are unwearable' date=' but of course others love them so......

Problem with Assos is if you try them and they don't fit your A$$, your wallet is going to feel very empty.
[/quote']

Thats why you try them on first, I tried the ones I bought for Marius and they felt a bit tight and short, but then I only rode 1/2 hr with them and am probably a few kilo's heavier and taller than him.

So Marius, when you get your bibs and they have skid marks in them you'll know why. smiley36.gif

So Marius' date=' when you get your bibs and they have skid marks in them you'll know why. smiley36.gif [/quote']

Nah I washed them in the washing machine first, everything comes out when you wash at 90C...

...that's not what I had in mind when I said add some chocolate to the order SwissVan!!!!!!!!!LOL

Got my Capestorm Matrix last week,

Excellent fit, good shammy, compares very well with my F1 uno(Assos) and at half the price a real bargain.

The lower cut took a day to get used to but like Mampara said, certainly helps when nature calls

• 2 weeks later...

I have a pair of No Sweat bibs- the lycra feels tough and smooth and the pad is a blue 4-way pad (similar to the AdiStar pad).  For about R400 I think it's a good buy.  The bib sits a lot better than the strapless No Sweat shorts and the straps are vented.  There aren't many panels, though.