What if .........

Guest Big H

It will mean that the anti-doping system is not working and the tests should be even more stringent.

Luckily it's not too cold today so I did not bring a coat.

UCI have rolled out its biological passport in which riders samples taken before the tour will be matched during and after the tour to determine any suspicious fluctuations and penalties if positive even if no specific substance is found. Frog Anti Dope will also target suspicious riders rather than random test and freeze samples taken during the tour to test at a future date for dope that have not yet been identified as performance enhancers.

Still think Lance will risk it ??

scotty2009-07-07 00:19:42

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so... what if he wins? It will just make more people watch cycling! As it stands with his doing well, I know of a fair number of non-cyclists watching and enjoying the TdF! It can only be good for our sport.

May Lance win... it will prove for once and all that he is the greatest TdF rider.

Some people say that Armstrong's a freak due to the fact that he has a greater lung capacity than most people, and it wouldn't surprise me if he had a faster muscle twitch..

UCI have rolled out its biological passport in which riders samples taken before the tour will be matched during and after the tour to?determine any suspicious fluctuations and penalties if positive even if no specific substance is found. Frog Anti Dope will also target suspicious riders rather than random test and freeze samples taken during the tour to test at a future date for dope that have not yet been identified as performance enhancers.

?

Still think Lance will risk it ??

?

?

if you are always high, when/where will the fluctuation be?

The Team leader Issue is far from Over.... Lance only leads Contador by 16seconds..... Sure he might be in yellow tonight..... but there is still the mountains to come....

But I think Lance will take it in the end, bar anything bad happens like a crash.....

He is the most tested Guy in history..... Do you really think he is on the juice?????

if you are always high' date=' when/where will the fluctuation be?[/quote']

Natural high yes, anything else will appear in current or future tests.

Some people say that Armstrong's a freak due to the fact that he has a greater lung capacity than most people' date=' and it wouldn't surprise me if he had a faster muscle twitch..[/quote']

there's been some dispute at the "claimed" figures about lance.

I cannot stand lance, i am so sick and tired of hearing how he made it back from cancer and won 7 tdf's blah,blah, blah - WTF!!!!! this is yesterdays news. Even Ligget and Sherwin are starting to get boring - always on about lance - it actually sounds as if they are on his payroll. BUT I GOT TO GIVE IT TO HIM!!!!! The man is a tactition (spelling) of note. Contador gets caught sleeping and allows not only Lance to get away in the break but the yellow jersey as well, so now he got to do something special - lets wait for the mountains!!

There is an old Greek proverb along the lines of "old age and treachery will always beat youth and skill".

Not much of a Lance fan, but not against hime either. Nice to see the "toppies" outriding some of the laaities.

Yay for old men.

This will be the first year I'm suporting Lance...

Always thought he was a loud mouth texan who's team made the TdF boring....this year he is a toppie/underdog....

Go Lance! *gulp* did I just say that??

Whatever your colours are, you have to admire the guy... 7 tours is a helluva thing, and always will be.

And to be coming back like this, it just confirms how good he is.

I'd like to see him win just so that all his detractors get a face full of foot.

But then they're just going to say "but he's on the juice" anyway...

I cannot stand lance' date=' i am so sick and tired of hearing how he made it back from cancer and won 7 tdf's blah,blah, blah - WTF!!!!! this is yesterdays news. Even Ligget and Sherwin are starting to get boring - always on about lance - it actually sounds as if they are on his payroll. BUT I GOT TO GIVE IT TO HIM!!!!! The man is a tactition (spelling) of note. Contador gets caught sleeping and allows not only Lance to get away in the break but the yellow jersey as well, so now he got to do something special - lets wait for the mountains!![/quote']

Lance is like that advertisements on TV that irritates the living crap out of some people, you can't stand the ad but you know exactely what it's about.  Advertisements like this are those that really works.  The same with Lance.  The Lance haters don't like him but they probably know more about him than the Lance lovers.

My opinion is that people that don't like him, probably don't like him because he has won the TdF so many times (I think they feel he must give other contenders also a chance - well he did, for 3 years).  But why should he stand back for others.  I say that as long as you've still got it and you can be on top, stay there and enjoy the perks and exposure that comes with it.  If somebody else wants it they should take a page out of his book to get to that top.

Contador might be a good racer but he seriously lacks leadership abilities (decision making).  Why didn't he order his other 5 team mates with him to help close the gap yesterday?  Is it maybe because he is not the real leader?

It will mean that the anti-doping system is not working and the tests should be even more stringent.

I've said this before on another thread but I'll say it again because I think it is an interesting point to consider.  Even if Lance did test positive, there is no ways that the powers that be would let it come out.

Rightly or wrongly (wrongly in my opinion), cycling has a bad rap with regard to doping and a lot of time and energy is being spent trying to clear it up.  Lance testing positive would destroy any credibility the Tour and cycling in general ever had.

There was talk last year that more riders tested positive for CERA but only a couple were kicked off the Tour as making all the positives public would have been catastrophic for the sport.  If there was any truth in this, the same considerations would apply to Lance.  Actually, it would be even more applicable given his history with the tour.  {This is where I should mention how many times he has won, but there is no need because he keeps bringing it up himself, just in case we had forgotten.}

The Team leader Issue is far from Over.... Lance only leads Contador by 16seconds..... Sure he might be in yellow tonight..... but there is still the mountains to come....

But I think Lance will take it in the end' date=' bar anything bad happens like a crash.....

He is the most tested Guy in history..... Do you really think he is on the juice?????
[/quote']

Only la and his disciples think he is the most tested man in history - that is just pure la spin. Many of the track athletes have been tested more than him.

Interesting that when he was a team leader there was only ever one leader, no discussion. Now he is saying that he does not believe in the theory that there should only be 1 leader, just wish he would make up his mind.

3 days in and already the tour is won....  Naas might have something to say about that.

I've said this before on another thread but I'll say it again because I think it is an interesting point to consider.  Even if Lance did test positive' date=' there is no ways that the powers that be would let it come out.

Rightly or wrongly (wrongly in my opinion), cycling has a bad rap with regard to doping and a lot of time and energy is being spent trying to clear it up.  Lance testing positive would destroy any credibility the Tour and cycling in general ever had.

There was talk last year that more riders tested positive for CERA but only a couple were kicked off the Tour as making all the positives public would have been catastrophic for the sport.  If there was any truth in this, the same considerations would apply to Lance.  Actually, it would be even more applicable given his history with the tour.  {This is where I should mention how many times he has won, but there is no need because he keeps bringing it up himself, just in case we had forgotten.}
[/quote']

And Elvis still lives, and man has never been on the moon.

The french hate LA, if he test positive it will leak out no matter what.