Campy NOT sold..... press release from factory

PPWTF

Rumours on Campagnolo

http://www.bike-eu.com/public/Image/Bike%20Europe%20Website%20Campagnolo%20234.jpgThere

are strong rumours going around in Europe as well as in Asia that

Campagnolo has been sold. From various sources this trade journal heard

that the sale of the complete company already took place.

Asked whether he could confirm or deny the sale, Campagnolo?s

Marketing & Communication director Lorenzo Taxis said: ?I am not

going to give you an official answer on this, as this is not an

official matter inside the company.?

Sources indicate that a Japanese company should have bought

Campagnolo and with that of course Shimano springs to mind. A Shimano

Europe spokesman said that he heard that rumours too, but that he could

definitely deny any involvement of the Japan based component maker.

Update on Campagnolo Rumours

VICENZA, Italy -

Campagnolo has not been sold and is not for sale. That?s what?s the

renowned Italian component maker is now officially saying to all its

relations throughout the world.

?Apparently summer temperature brings silly gossip! Campagnolo do not

know who has the time to circulate crazy rumors; instead we prefer, as

usual, not to waste time and concentrate on business. Campagnolo is not

on sale ! Have a nice summer period and see you in September.?

PPWTF2009-07-29 07:07:55

Guest Big H

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap........ at last kempekkernoglia will also be of good quality!!!!!!!

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">

It will probably be Shimano - they must have decided to finally upgrade all those Crampy users to decent stuff and put them out of their misery Wink

If its shimano maybe they can do away with the silly campag hub body design and make it shimano compatible. No more "uhm campag or shimano body?" questions in the for sale section.

If this isn't a joke I reckon it's probably a good thing for Campy to have an Asian owner, although the diehard Italians would be distraught.

However, if the buyer is Shimano it'll be bad for competition and hence prices. Would the authorities allow such a purchase? Any global competition law experts on the hub?

Hope this is a hoax.

Will definitely be bad for competition.  Who is going to push the boundaries if there are no Italians involved?.......

No more carbon bits......

No more class...

Just mindless production of equipment with no soul or feeling. 

Cassettes sounding like fishing reels.

NOOOOOO...........................................

Guest Big H

Hope this is a hoax.

Will definitely be bad for competition.  Who is going to push the boundaries if there are no Italians involved?.......

No more carbon bits......

No more class...

Just mindless production of equipment with no soul or feeling. 

Cassettes sounding like fishing reels.

NOOOOOO...........................................

yeccccch!!!!!! I would hate to have a kempekker fishing reel, will be just as reliable as their MTB goodies...... just think ... kraaines upon kraaines!!!!!!!!

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">

Campy production has already moved to Romania with many of the Italians being retrenched.

I'm putting my current Campy back in its boxes and will sell it on eBay in 20 years time as the last of the Italian made group sets.

If its shimano maybe they can do away with the silly campag hub body design and make it shimano compatible. No more "uhm campag or shimano body?" questions in the for sale section.

Hey, don't blaspheme in public.

The Campag body design is superior to the Shimano one in every way. Campag bit the bullet ten years ago and redesigned its freehub body with large splines so that it could be made from aluminium and still be strong enough to not notch in use.

Shimano is now at the crossroads and recently had to redesign its new DA range with a similar spline in order to catch up.  The result is now incompatibilities between ranges.

SRAM had to design its Shimano-compatible cassette around this flaw. This requires some expensive engineering in a disposable part - the cassette. I'd prefer to pay a little bit more for the hub and less for the cassette.

Maybe nobody wants to buy Shimano anymore so they had to buy a decent product to keep sales going. Smile

Is Crampy like an Alfa? Nice to look at, but only bachelors drive them - married men already have enough to deal with?WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink

Nothing like a good old Campy / sh*tmano thread to get BIG H out of his cave. If sh*tmano ever bought Campy it would only be to get their hands on technology that they've never been able to develop themselves. Typical slant eye R & D policy - "when you can't design it or copy it then just buy it"

Eeeek. That would be like Alfa selling out to Toyota, or Fiat to Nissan.

The Japs know how to make stuff IMO. Just such a pity they make it out of such crappy and inferior metals.

Defnitief nie gebou om te hou. (Not built to last.)