My new lights

thysmeades

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dead sexy lights ... please keep us posted should you sell to us plebs again!!

Regards

Hairy

This a beam shot of a mate who has one in the UK. Exactly the same as mine. He has 6 narrow optics! hows this for a beaut beam!!

image removed

thysmeades2009-07-31 08:58:21

One question, I see you have tapered handlebars.  Any "bright" ideas on how to avoid it slipping down once you hit the rocky downhill parts?

Great, great light, WELL DONE!

goodness, what a nice even spread of the beam. I doubt you need anything more then that. As long as it can burn for 6 hours at that intensity.

With the batteries you are running' date=' what is the burn time ?

[/quote']

i am currently running a very small battery pack made up of 4 x 18650 cells.

14.4v 2500mA li-ions. On full power, projected time is 3 hrs but I have only had two rides so am not sure actually. Will update you guys soon after testing. On the lower power settings, it lasts up to 25 hrs.thysmeades2009-07-29 07:55:20

goodness' date=' what a nice even spread of the beam. I doubt you need anything more then that. As long as it can burn for 6 hours at that intensity.

[/quote']

It will, if I build a 14.4 V 5000mA battery, which is quite possible and easy to do. :) remember, this little puppy is pulling 21V at full power!

One question' date=' I see you have tapered handlebars.  Any "bright" ideas on how to avoid it slipping down once you hit the rocky downhill parts?

Great, great light, WELL DONE!

[/quote']

you thought you had me there hey!smiley2.gif

The lights will come with this electron bracket (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=6091), the one in the pic is specifically for a 27mm bar and is a makeshift one till CRC have stock and I can order.

BTW, I have two very bumpy rides with this light already and there was no movement. Probably because it's so light, about 80-90 grams or something like that?!

Another tricky request (maybe), the battery must not be in a bottle. Maybe in a Tri-bag on the top tube?Mampara2009-07-29 08:16:52

Another tricky request (maybe)' date=' the battery must not be in a bottle. Maybe in a Tri-bag on the top tube?[/quote']

yip, it will come in a neoprene bag which can be velcro'd to the top tube or stem. It's homemade, but looks oksmiley5.gif.

i will post pics and have all the details ready before I start selling these lights. you guys can then choose to buy or not once you have all the facts.

Other cool features are:

Thermal dimming if it gets too hot, user configurable.

med, low and very low voltage warning via a status LED

5 levels or 2 levels, depending on setup

Strobe with all levels as well

etc etc etc

It will, if I build a 14.4 V 5000mA battery, which is quite possible and easy to do. :) remember, this little puppy is pulling 21V at full power!

21V

was that a typo?

did you mean 21W?

This a beam shot of a mate who has one in the UK. Exactly the same as mine. He has 6 narrow optics! hows this for a beaut beam!!

20090729_073143_xpe.jpg

what is the distance to the car +- ?

It will' date=' if I build a 14.4 V 5000mA battery, which is quite possible and easy to do. :) remember, this little puppy is pulling 21V at full power!

21V

was that a typo?

did you mean 21W?

[/quote']

No, 21 volts

Remember, there are 6 leds with a Vf of 3.5 v each. they are arranged in series so it's 3.5 x 6 = 21V. the Driver boosts the voltage requirement to that which the lights require. So even though you run a 14.4 v battery, your leds are drawing 21Volts.

Power in watts is the current x voltage

P = 500ma x 21

P = 10.5W

hope this helps.

T

thysmeades2009-07-30 07:42:49

sjoe:

that is a seriously nice piece of work.  did my own housing and so on ,but seeing how slick yours is, I'm just going to hide mine and not show anyone