Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...............extremely celeste with envy.

:clap:​ Sharp for so early in the day :D  

This is an amazing frame. The paint work is of such a very high quality with little chrome details around the lugs on the chain stays. Needs to be seen. Not many of these frames were produced and it will become a very collectable bike in the future.

I am going to ride down south this Saturday, hope to see one or two familiar faces. Details:

the Hub Ride is this Saturday 24 October 2015.

The Venue is Nash Nissan 3 Voortrekker st Alberton

free overflow parking is available at Alberton City 300m from the Dealershipoff the Ring rd East

The start, ie wheels rolling is at 07:00 sharp!

the route is exactly 50km and is a round trip at an easy pace with support vehicles and Medical backup en route.

The route goes from the Dealership out to the new Thule store with a quick stop then out to the Lido and back via Kliprivier, Hennie Alberts then the Ring rd East.

Up for grabs are some cool prizes from Thule, Auto Armor, And Nash Nissan who along with Thule are offering a Thule equipped New Nissan SUV for the week of the 94.7 cycle challenge.

Just Cycles are displaying a few new Bikes in the showroom along with Thule Bike carriers while Hubbers are welcome to Bring along their Second Hand Mtb's and Road Bikes and Frames.

Nash Nissan will be providing Boerie rolls and liquid refreshment on our return to enjoy during the quick prize giving which is a lucky draw affair.

All names will be taken from this thread and from those joining in on the day.

We should be done and dusted by 10:00 or so.

Got these vintage Dura Ace calipers. Someone decided to paint them green. Started stripping them using paint stripper only to discovered that they were black anodised and some of the anodising came off in the process. Panic, what to do. Checked online and discovered that oven cleaner takes off anodising. Quite a process but managed to clean up the first set and polish it up. Now have to re-energise to do the other one.post-51655-0-70218600-1445541145_thumb.jpg

On another matter this is my new favourite toy for cleaning surface rust from small chromed partspost-51655-0-63222400-1445541160_thumb.jpg

Alan Super Record with Campagnola

As a kid, back in Scotland, a mate of mine had one of these when the rest of us were riding 531, if we were lucky. I still remember the ridicule we heaped on him for having a 'glued' frame. If he still has it, I know who's laughing now :blush:  

A beautiful bike...

Seen in Alberton on Saturday morning, this Zeus 10spd. 

I managed to have a quick chat to the owner who informed me that he has had the bike since new in 1971. The frame was restored a while back and now sports a 700 wheelset. Original steel Cinelli bar and stem in polished, like chrome condition. The clip-in pedals are a new feature to simplify everyday riding.

What a beauty, especially in such an immaculate condition.

The picture is reproduced without owner's knowledge so sorry if I am out of line but there are some guys who would love to see this bike.

post-44986-0-19504800-1445847839_thumb.jpg

Seen in Alberton on Saturday morning, this Zeus 10spd. 

I managed to have a quick chat to the owner who informed me that he has had the bike since new in 1971. The frame was restored a while back and now sports a 700 wheelset. Original steel Cinelli bar and stem in polished, like chrome condition. The clip-in pedals are a new feature to simplify everyday riding.

What a beauty, especially in such an immaculate condition.

The picture is reproduced without owner's knowledge so sorry if I am out of line but there are some guys who would love to see this bike.

attachicon.gifAlberton : JHB South Hub Ride - Early November 2015 - Page 8 - Group Rides - Bike Hub.jpg

Nice thanks for sharing, is that you on the bike next to the Zeus?