Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

So, to sort of answer my previous question to Loose Cog, that Cinelli cast bb shell seems to only have been produced after 1982. So I guess we can assume that the frame was probably built between '82 - '90. 

Correctly identifying could be complete hit and miss, but I personally don't think it is from any of the big Italian makers.

To add to Wazza's imput:

Cinelli BB shell means very little, Cinelli sold them to builders, like Campag sold dropouts.

No pump peg, so indicates later 80s.

Only 1 bottle cage mount, indicates before 1986ish.

Campag dropouts, so probably not South African, probably (??) a 'higher' end and Italian frame.

Brake cable guides, not internal, probably pre 1986/7.

I have no idea of frame identity, would need lots more pics to even hazard a guess.

But date wise, my guess would be mid 80s, probably not earlier than 85 and no later than 88.

MTCW

PS. I think Cinelli sold both English and Italian thread BB shells. That should narrow down even more where it was built. Italian always used Italian thread, almost everyone else (except French thread!!!!!!), used English.

Edited by HeyYou

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A closer look, found I could magnify the images, frame has 2 bottle cage mounts. Probably then later 80s, 87/88.

post-64130-0-78488300-1456687151.jpg

http://www.steel-vintage.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/i/diamant-classic-bike-frame-20130504-2.jpg

Edited by HeyYou

http://www.steel-vintage.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/i/diamant-classic-bike-frame-20130504-8.jpg

From Steel-Vintage, a great resource!!!!!

This is a nice Diamant classic steel bicycle frame and fork. The frame and fork are made of very light profiled steel tubes by ORIA. The frame has really nice lugs and pantographs. We de-painted this frame and can optionally paint it in a color of your choice. The option of new painting would additionally cost 149 Euro.

A different model, but I think Diamant.

You lucky boy, you know whom to sell it to cheaply, if you want  :thumbup: 

Now I have my own 'mystery'.

I have a pair of COPPI hubs. Not quick release, but wing nuts.

My sleuthing can't find a sausage!

I'm assuming 50s or early 60s, anyone any  ideas??????

From Steel-Vintage, a great resource!!!!!

This is a nice Diamant classic steel bicycle frame and fork. The frame and fork are made of very light profiled steel tubes by ORIA. The frame has really nice lugs and pantographs. We de-painted this frame and can optionally paint it in a color of your choice. The option of new painting would additionally cost 149 Euro.

A different model, but I think Diamant.

You lucky boy, you know whom to sell it to cheaply, if you want  :thumbup: 

If this is indeed a Diamant frame, then I've already managed to source a Diamant Columbus chrome fork for it, and in VGC too!  :) 

Very big thank you to everyone who contributed! Hopefully we can get to some more cement details once I have stripped the frame.

Now I have my own 'mystery'.

I have a pair of COPPI hubs. Not quick release, but wing nuts.

My sleuthing can't find a sausage!

I'm assuming 50s or early 60s, anyone any  ideas??????

Pantograph for Coppi by manufacturer?

Update on the Le Jeune build.

Parts I have gathered

- Matching 650c/700c Mavic open 4 cd rims

- Cinelli unicanitor saddle

- Campy 151 bcd pista crank (But would prefer to use something from the 80's so if any one has a campy 144 bcd pista crank or c-record they willing to part with let me know)

- 36h Campy rear hub

- 28h Mavic 550 road hub (If anyone has a Campy 28h front track hub please let me know)

Im also still looking for a Campy 27.0mm seatpost, headset and track pedals. As well as a cinelli 110/120mm stem.

post-44444-0-88297800-1456984167_thumb.jpg

10473074_10153915814227141_8774996525664

Morph. That is very very nice indeed.

If anyone out there has a spare top cap for one of these Cinelli Ti stems please let me know. Mine is missing.

10473074_10153915814227141_8774996525664

Morph. That is very very nice indeed.

If anyone out there has a spare top cap for one of these Cinelli Ti stems please let me know. Mine is missing.

An out of the Blue project.

F.Moser track frame, I think its late 70's early 80's. The fork and seat post need some love.

Using my 1960's campy pista parts, with cinelli bars, saddle and stem.

Nothing is era specific, but its all good in my books. I haven't learnt patience yet...

post-44444-0-68653700-1457343003_thumb.jpg