Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Feedback please!

I've just restored an early 90s Daccordi with period Mirage groupo (93 as far as I can make out).

What I want feedback on is whether I should rather use Shim 600 tricolour?

600 is certainly better equipment than Mirage and the early stuff is just as sexy, but it's not Italian!!!!

I can upload pics if it makes any difference.

Pics please! I had a similar dilemma, as I have a complete period correct Shimano 105 groupset that I could have transferred across. Personally, I think Italian components on an Italian bike makes the most sense.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Feedback please!

I've just restored an early 90s Daccordi with period Mirage groupo (93 as far as I can make out).

What I want feedback on is whether I should rather use Shim 600 tricolour?

600 is certainly better equipment than Mirage and the early stuff is just as sexy, but it's not Italian!!!!

I can upload pics if it makes any difference.

Personally I would build it with the 600 tri-colour. These bikes came equipped with shimano. I have only seen Daccordi's in South Africa built with Shimano. In the late 80's, early 90's Shimano were years ahead of Campag in terms of gear indexing and were often the preferred manufacturer to be used on bikes brought into South Africa.

Hi guys.

What do you think of this old bike? Has 24inch wheels.

Although its not.exactly top of the range, it does have some local history behind it. It was made in Bellville by the father of a member of this forum, (although I haven't seen him post much here lately). It looks to be in nice condition, but other than sentimental value it isn't worth much. I

Personally I would build it with the 600 tri-colour. These bikes came equipped with shimano. I have only seen Daccordi's in South Africa built with Shimano. In the late 80's, early 90's Shimano were years ahead of Campag in terms of gear indexing and were often the preferred manufacturer to be used on bikes brought into South Africa.

I bought a Daccordi from an ex Argus winner which was full Campagnolo equipped. It was a top of the range SLX frame so probably purchased as a frame and fork.

Hi guys.

What do you think of this old bike? Has 24inch wheels.

Agree with what Javadude said but it's a nice bike and should be cleaned up and used. It will make a nice commuting, everyday bike. Get a strong lock.

Javadude, let's see some pics please.

http://www.steel-vintage.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/C/a/Camandona_Extra_Leggera-1.jpg

Camandona Classic Road Bike mid-1970s.

The lightest bike we have ever had!

This rare and stunning cycle is incredibly light: just 7.4kg.

We refurbished it just using the best and lightest components from the 1970s as Nisi rims, NOS Selle Italia Superleggera saddle, NOS Clement tubulars.

The frame is a 51cm size by Cicli Camandona (Turin, Italy).

Who says steel can't be light??????

Edited by heyyou

Pics please! I had a similar dilemma, as I have a complete period correct Shimano 105 groupset that I could have transferred across. Personally, I think Italian components on an Italian bike makes the most sense.

Leaving for UK on the weekend,

I'll pot pics when I come back.

Promise,

Agree with what Javadude said but it's a nice bike and should be cleaned up and used. It will make a nice commuting, everyday bike. Get a strong lock.

Javadude, let's see some pics please.

I see the bike had Shimano 600 brake levers when I got it:

20090808_073541_IMG_0937.JPG

I see the bike had Shimano 600 brake levers when I got it:

I bought a Daccordi about 1987/88, Mannesman 025 tubing, probably equivalent to Columbus SL. Bought it with Athena 7 spd and Synchro shifters, but also came with Shimano 600 Tricolour brake levers!!!!!

Didn't strike me as odd at the time (I didn't even think about it), but it does now.

Was there something wrong with the Campag levers????

Edit: Still got it and it's lovely.

Edited by heyyou

I bought a Daccordi about 1987/88, Mannesman 025 tubing, probably equivalent to Columbus SL. Bought it with Athena 7 spd and Synchro shifters, but also came with Shimano 600 Tricolour brake levers!!!!!

Didn't strike me as odd at the time (I didn't even think about it), but it does now.

Was there something wrong with the Campag levers????

Edit: Still got it and it's lovely.

I think in the case of my bike it was the cheaper option if you wanted to go aero levers.

Does anyone have some nice close-up pics of an old DHC? I rode one as my first proper Racing bike, and after spraying it way back when, I must have taken off the front badge which I discovered a few months ago. Toying with the idea of re-spraying my current MTB, but turning it into a modern "DHC"....