Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Can someone please help me with the name or contact details for the guy that restores vintage bikes on Supercycling a week or 2 back.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please help me with the name or contact details for the guy that restores vintage bikes on Supercycling a week or 2 back.

Think you referring to Glen.

He doesn't really restore bikes, he finds really good condition bikes and builds them up.

I have PM'd you his Cell no.

Hi Broker, finding a full groupset in SA may be some what of a challenge but you can find parts from time to time. I have a Superleggra which I am yet to restore but will look at later period Campy groupset after selling off a C Record groupo a few months ago. Rear derailleurs are particularly had to find. I will see what parts I can find.

Found this mid 80's Triomphe or Victory RD. The main DR looks like a Triomphe but the chain guard looks more like the Victory. It should clean up nicely.

post-44986-0-60974300-1409144540_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-78973200-1409144550_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-13230400-1409144561_thumb.jpg

Edited by Loose cog

These higher end 80s bikes are a rare thing of beauty - lovely lines, elegant and easy on the eye.

It seems, ironically, that in that decade of excess, bicycles were such a pretty blend of form and function - as if they were really having their maker's personality somehow added to them.

This era will always be the benchmark for me for fine bicycles.

I must say ( and this is coming from a mtb'er) each hour spent working on the Alan amazes me more. Falling in love with her big time. Will take her to the scales when all the work is done. Now just for a name....

I am sooooo searching for a seatpost like that........

I think the Alan's got one like that. Will have a look, spent most of my attention to the frame, fork and cranks....but Quintonb did an amazing job indeed I like

Guest notmyname

Hey retro builders. I got myself a torque wrench today and I'd like to torque my 3ttt quill. Any views on Nm?

Damn.....seatpost cracked. Bit disappointed but oh well...post-15052-1409256818,9597.jpg

....and there I was on the brink of making you an offer you couldn't refuse :D

....and there I was on the brink of making you an offer you couldn't refuse :D

What would it have been....just wanna kick myself even more in the arse :w00t: But to be honest, during the sanding process I became so attached to Eleanor, that I wouldn't want to let her go.....Now to find a suitable replacement seatpost.

Damn.....seatpost cracked. Bit disappointed but oh well...post-15052-1409256818,9597.jpg

If its a particularly rare post and you are not too much of a weight weenie you could repair that.