Road rage at Sun City

Cruzer

Even Tom Boonen crosses the " White line" from time to time he does not get dqs.

My wife demanded to know why I was sitting with such a big grin on my mugLOL

Sorry, hope you did nt get into trouble.WinkWinkWinkWink

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must comment.Also did the race and have a very good race,my best so far and I actually amazed myself.

For the riders that made it "sour" for the rest of us like this bloke who will "report" you - tough luck.

My worst part was with about 1-2km to go from the finish line the rider shouting to everyone "hold your f*cking line" but he was boxing us in so no one can go right to start an attack at the end? I mean what the hell?

And yes I also crossed the white line about 4 times but only when there was no oncoming traffic but yes the group got bigger to the end and everyone wanted a nice spot for the finish.Started in the "B" bunch.

Congrats to all that finished and good luck for the unfortunate few that fell.

Personally if you're actually out there to race' date=' no matter what ...you WILL  have cross the white line sometime.

C'mon, everyone has to do it to race.
[/quote']

i agree with you 100%.

which is why the organizers need to make sure that the racing bunches have proper road closure or protection from oncoming traffic

I must comment.Also did the race and have a very good race' date='my best so far and I actually amazed myself.

For the riders that made it "sour" for the rest of us like this bloke who will "report" you - tough luck.

My worst part was with about 1-2km to go from the finish line the rider shouting to everyone "hold your f*cking line" but he was boxing us in so no one can go right to start an attack at the end? I mean what the hell?

And yes I also crossed the white line about 4 times but only when there was no oncoming traffic but yes the group got bigger to the end and everyone wanted a nice spot for the finish.Started in the "B" bunch.

Congrats to all that finished and good luck for the unfortunate few that fell.
[/quote']

what kit was he riding in ??

I dont know,was concentrating too much on holding my line and when there was a gap sprinted and dropped him anyway LOL

Dont stress Cruuuuzzzzzeeeee!

The groups were just too big, so impossible. I am sure the commissairres and marshalls have more important things to focus on than wining ninnies.

Well done on your time!

There always has to be some tool who has to be heard and decided to moan at you. Its happens everywhere in life.

Hi , I rade in VA and the guys there crossed the white line just as often. Hell I'd be lying to say I did not, at some point I found myself to cross aswell.

There were some scary times with traffic comeing from all directions and I think even though total road closeure is a bit to much to ask mayb to educate and raise awareness of community's and road users on race day would help....??? 

Hey but I'm new to this road thing and althoug I prever the dirt I had a

blast on SAT. 

Don't worry Cruzer

Even us okes (and ladies) in the tandem bunch had to cross the line a few times. When we caught slower bunches they refused to get into single file so we were forced to cross the line to get around themWink

Just brush the incident off and don't worry about. The dude was probably suffering from stingelstress or something so had to vent his frustration at the nearest victim.

Someday he too will learn how to cross the white...just like the chicken didBig%20smile

I seriously doubt that you will be dq'd. I have never heard of an open cat rider being dq'd

Hi ' date=' I rade in VA and the guys there crossed the white line just as often. Hell I'd be lying to say I did not, at some point I found myself to cross aswell.

There were some scary times with traffic comeing from all directions and I think even though total road closeure is a bit to much to ask mayb to educate and raise awareness of community's and road users on race day would help....??? 

Hey but I'm new to this road thing and althoug I prever the dirt I had a

blast on SAT. 
[/quote']

The only time the entire bunch crossed the white was when the front of the bunch put us in the right hand side gutter - somewhere between Kms 35 and 45 - before the 103/70Km split.

What bugs me is the fact that the guys are htting each other on the thigh now...Seriously if the guy drifts just put your and out ....why hit him...I was amazed to see this in the B group on Saturday.