Somebody stop her!

rodger

Goodness Engela Conradie! You have to give the girl credit for self publicity, but no one gives a rats ASS wheather she cramped or got dropped(more likely) but obviosly it had a major impact on the race outcome.

Quoted from the Cradle classic race report:

The leading group quickly opened a gap on the rest of the field. Conradie unfortunately started cramping at the 55km mark and had to drop of the leading group. Konica-Minolta continued to ride aggressively and eventually Van Wyk, who was the strongest on the day, got a gap on the leading bunch

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for Fun the FULL race report......

The annual Wilro 100 Cycle Race took place on the weekend and it was Ronel van Wyk (Konica-Minolta) who showed all the ladies a clean pair of wheels by coming in solo to win the 105km event.

On a very cold autumn morning a surprisingly big group of ladies started just outside Maropeng. Most of the teams made it to the start line and included Proline, Konica-Minolta, Cycle Lab/Super Cycling and CBIST.

The pace was relative relaxed for the first 30km as the mostly downhill route did not allow any attacks to get gaps on the bunch. As the girls hit the uphill drags on the outskirts of Magaliesburg, Konica-Minolta decided to start attacking the bunch, and although they only have two riders racing in South Africa at the moment, they quickly split the bunch. Only a small group stayed together on the climb out of Magaliesburg ? Van Wyk and Cherise Taylor (both Konica-Minolta), Engela Conradie and Robyn de Groot (both Proline), Alti Clark and Kim Rose (Cycle Lab/Super Cycling), Elsa Karsten, Jeanine Binneman and Lizanne Naude (all CBIST) and Lisa Vermaak.

The leading group quickly opened a gap on the rest of the field. Conradie unfortunately started cramping at the 55km mark and had to drop of the leading group. Konica-Minolta continued to ride aggressively and eventually Van Wyk, who was the strongest on the day, got a gap on the leading bunch.

The girls in the leading group did not respond and looked at each other to close the gap and this gave Van Wyk the advantage she needed. She put her head down and time-trailed away from the leading group. The gap quickly grew to more than two minutes while Clark tried a couple of attacks to get away from the group and close the gap on Van Wyk but try as they liked, although all the teams were present, they could not close the gap.

As the finished approached Van Wyk knew she had the race won and came in solo to take a very dominant win. Taylor, her teammate, made it another successful day for the team by taking second and Karsten rounded out the podium in third.

Aai Rodger, this self promotion thing seems to be an illness with the poor girl, something like kleptomania or Conradiemania... she just can't stop or help herself...

Many a times the other people involved are also quite astonished when reading said reports, and they then start to wonder if they have not actually made a mistake and started in the wrong race, because the way the race is being described was not at all the way they experienced the race...

Apparently the manufacturers of her sunglasses built in a special "mirroring" feature, making her see an image of herself at the same time as seeing the race unfolds. Fascinating.

This is a bit like the WWE - "the rock had a good match. he will take wrestlemania without a doubt - once I, the rock, start wrestling again"

Hmmm.... Would be interresting to read her race report for Tour d'Urban...

She had a field day with: Proline?s Conradie shows late summer form

Wonder if she could manage to stretch the late summer form to include Tour d'Urban???

Crux, you can expect a call any moment now.....

Stitch, Kyrgystan is a small country where we drink radiated water (aka mineral water) eat roadkill pie and breathe the fresh factory air!

As Engela die report skryf kan sy mos maar skryf wat sy wil so as sy gekramp het het sy gekramp! dit is ok met my!

Guest Big H

Grapkas???? as sy met iemand op die web baklei nie dan het sy haarself in 'n kas toegesluit en baklei met haarself!!!!!!!!

Man with no name jou naam behoort man with no shame te wees!!!!!!!!