Somebody stop her!

rodger

After your opinions I went and did some very intensive research into her history of cycling coz one of you said "since her under 14 days".

I believe she is one of only a few who received her junior and senior S.A colours.... As I understand it she won S.A's for junior ladies when she was only 14 years old. So if she had a big think of herself then she could've seeing that she won girls 17-18 years old. Just to name some of the things I have found. I don't know her at all seeing that i recently got interested in the sport. But her acheivements over the past 10 years certainly speaks for them selfs.

Just for interest sake, can you tell me where you found all this info? 

I enjoy looking at old results, like SA's of a few years back, to see where today's top elite/U23 riders were when they were younger. The thing is old results like that from CSA (SACF then) are very very hard to find on the web, so was just wondering where you, a newcomer to the sport, managed to track down the results for SA's (the junior ladies race nogal) of about 10 years ago?

Or perhaps you actually know her, unlike you claim...
Phen2007-04-24 03:02:23

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ek sit nou net en dink. Vat Andrew McClean op Supercycling.

Hoeveel Vets races wen hy nie, en NOOIT OOIT hoor jy hom homself boost. Dis altyd Arnold wat dit ophaal, maar nie Andrew self,

partykeer is hy even die kommentator van 'n race wat hy wen, en jy sukkel om agter te kom dat hy homself boost.

Maybe kan sy bietjie by hom gaan leer hoe om OBJEKTIEF te report oor races.

Andrew, as jy hier lees, WELL DONE....

Psycho, nee jy kan nie nou waai nie - ons gaan nou nog lekker saamsing uit "How to dismantle an Atomic Bomb"

.....all that you can't leave behind.... lalalala..... kom Oom H sing saam
Man with no name2007-04-24 03:08:32

Hi guys, <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I would like to explain what happenend in the race on the weekend for this thread to stop.

Me and Lizette (my team-mate) were dropped about 2km into the climb as the girls sprinted for the Queen of the Mountains Prime.  We then got together and started chasing like hell as we were the defending champs of the race and it would have made our team-tactics even better if we had 4 girls in the break-away group.

Around 1km before we caught the leading group a bunch of about 6 guys caught up with us.  3 of them went up the road and the other guys stayed behind us on Lizette's wheel as I was pacing infront to get us back.  As we caught the cars the 3 guys that was upfront sat up as they were not able or allowed to pass the ladies (don't know what happenend excately as we were chasing so hard).  As we passed the last 2 cars in the convoi we caught the 3 guys.  I passed them on the left and Lizette passed them on the right. 

Some of the team-managers then went to the race commissiare and claimed that we chased back with the men.  He then decided to disqualify us on the info the team-managers gave him and not on his own observaiton of us sitting any guys wheel. (Which we did not do!!)

He first asked us to only sit at the back of the break-away group and not interfere in the race.  About 3km later he asked us to drop completely of the back of the leading group.  Me and Lizette then decided to rather retire from the race as there were no point in completing the race.

After the finish our team-manager appealed the disqualifications with the chief-commissaire Gotti Hansen.

The officials had a meeting and decided that the decision by the commissaire were the wrong one and the decision was reversed.

Luckily this cleared our names but did not bring back the oppurtunity to sprint for a place at the finish.

I would like to thank and congratulate Cycling South Africa for admitting making a wrong decision and reversing the decision.

The reason I did not mention this in my article is because it was a unfortunate incident that happened in the race.  The situation was cleared up at the prize-giving and I do not believe in washing dirty laundry in public.

I would also like to ask all the hubbers to please stop accusing people of being me.  If I have something to say I will do so in my own name ? I will not use a cowardly alias to do so.  People who know me, in person, will know that I say what I want people to know and take responsibily for that. 

Engela Conradie2007-04-24 03:25:46

Engela, I think you have quite a lot to sort out, as not many people believe you...even if it is correct.

And maybe you should look at your articles sceptically before posting them, as you seem to be gaining quite a lot of disrespect and criticism.

It is dificult being in the public eye, don't make it any worse than necessary.

Nee maar gaaf nochain, gaan haal hom net laaaaaaaaaaaaag ne..... en dan gooi jy hom ajippiejipiejip (en hiers hy nou) OU PEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeerd...Big%20smile

maar Vertigo is maklik man iets van deurmekaar soos kots in n tuimeldroeer.... klink bekend?Wink

hehehe ek weet ook nou nie meer wat is bo of onder nie.

Uno.... duo..... tres.....Rollacoasta...

ROLL UUUuuuuup!!!!!!!.......WinkWink

Rolacoasta.......

*high pitch voices*Tongue

Engela, I'm just wondering, why would someone who doesn't know you and has just started cycling care so much to try defend you??

hehehe ek weet ook nou nie meer wat is bo of onder nie.

Uno.... duo..... tres.....Rollacoasta...

ROLL UUUuuuuup!!!!!!!.......WinkWink

Rolacoasta.......

*high pitch voices*Tongue

of love, love, love Star

*drakensberg boys choir high pitch voices*

ROTFL, struggling to breathe