24 hour at Rietvlei

Wendell

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry HR and Delgado' date=' my lack of planning has resulted in me having to pull out[/quote']

You aren't allowed to do thatAngry

Sorry HR and Delgado' date=' my lack of planning has resulted in me having to pull out[/quote']

You aren't allowed to do thatAngry

Fraid so

The boss has played a trump card

This is going to be a great race. The 6 hour wasnt a problem at all and there was a lot of single track through trees' date=' slower guys will move out the way.[/quote']
Ever ridden a 24 hour ?

Yip

How would you compare a six hour's riders attitude compared to one doing 24 hours ?
I am asking and as I said elsewhere I am a mere apprentice in the wonderful world of ultra endurance MTB.
I would think that a six hour race would attract a faster and more experienced rider and with my limited experience in 24 hours I would have to assume that an event like this would attract all types, so I don't really see the slower guys being so amicable.
Limited experience with this and I would appreciate some more insight.

Boris it's easy... just keep left as much as possible because you're so slow you're gonna have a lot of people trying to overtake you.  In fact, I have a better idea... rather don't ride, you'll just get in everyones way

Oi Boris if I am shouting 'trek' you better be moving your skinny ar$e out the way ;-)

The only chance I'll ever get a to shout "Trek" at Boris would be in a parking lot.

With who should I talk to if I want to go ride the course a few weeks earlier?

I know a few guys have a ride there regularly.

Nancy, don't be a teef now smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

Ok all I get the message "I will pull over "and Golmember I am sure that Blueberry is pretty quick smiley2.gif

Nancy' date=' don't be a teef now smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif
Ok all I get the message "I will pull over "and Golmember I am sure that Blueberry is pretty quick smiley2.gif [/quote']

that's a difficult request/instruction dude.... it comes so naturally Big%20smileWink

Due to numerous requests the trail will be resurfaced with tar, robots will be in place. Any offenders over the solid whits line will end up washing bikes. The hills have been graded flat... and just so no further complains, the trails have been shortened to 1km. A praposal to relocate to Hectoe Norris park is being considdered with the main advantage being flood lights..... have fun is all I want ALL of you to have..smile...we will all be wondering what you have been up to... and may the orange bulls win today.

Due to numerous requests the trail will be resurfaced with tar' date=' robots will be in place. Any offenders over the solid whits line will end up washing bikes. The hills have been graded flat... and just so no further complains, the trails have been shortened to 1km. A praposal to relocate to Hectoe Norris park is being considdered with the main advantage being flood lights..... have fun is all I want ALL of you to have..smile...we will all be wondering what you have been up to... and may the orange bulls win today.

[/quote'] Agreed!!

20091031_070825_orange.jpg

Rietvlei kicks ass, went there this morning and am very impressed, great single tracks you guys hacked out of the Black Wattle and the mud made me cycle sideways LOL? which was a first for me? heehaw. Thank you for all the hard work you?ve put into making it a great ride. Can?t wait for the 24 hours race. Big%20smile  <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

thehermanator2009-10-31 07:20:10

• 3 weeks later...

Big%20smile You can check for the perfect bike for this event

Come and test the 2010 range of mountain bikes from Cannondale, GT, Schwinn, Mongoose, Giant, Trek, Gary Fisher, Morewood, Specialized, Merida, Volcan, Commencal and More!

WHERE: Rietvlei Farm, Swartkoppies Rd, Between Alberton and Mulbarton, Alberton R554

WHEN: 22 November 2009

TIME: 9:00 - 16:00

COST: R50 for subscribers, R60 for non subscribers (includes a goodie bag)

WHAT TO BRING:
- Helmet (no helmet, no ride)
- Pedals (if you ride flat pedals, or your forget them, most of the bike dealers do have pedals available for you to use)

OK so those of us who have the perfect bike should not bother Sunday - guess we running the gauntlet on the outride .........