• great "goodie bag" for joining, free stuff and discount
    • club rides and social actvities
    • weekend training camps
    • club competitions and races
    • riding as a team in races
    • team races like 24 hrs and DC
    • training advise and programmes
    • group sex

I am interested in what people want from a club, as I have to develop a club calender for my club for 2010. ?I have found that some things work better than others, but still I am always amazed that what people say they want and what they support in the end is not always the same.

Also I aks myself why should I pay for something that I don't want, like club activities ext.

What makes a good club?

cheap booze and easy women. No wait, that's my family reunion. Atleast cheap booze then.

You should first a.od and loyal club memberssk what makes go

[/quote

can you repeat that in English, I am not good at SMS.Wink

Hi there ,

I started cycling with a club this weekend , haven't joined the club yet only riding with them so far.

Yes it is a small club so there isn't a big variety they offer , but please when you open a club make sure you don't only cater for the real street racers, but cater for everyone , novice , intermediate and the racers.

I joined them Saturday morning for a nice club ride , all enthusiastic  it being my 1st club/group ride , I only started cycling about 4 months ago and have been riding alone on weekends.

Club is located in Kempton Park ...

What a rude awakening I got , considered myself a little bit fit at least ... I was wrong. Being a guy that rides an average of 24 km a hour , this group rode 33+ ...

Yes after 40km's the group dropped me ... rather I couldn't keep up anymore , 1st time I was nauseous/sore on a cycle. So there I was... my battle alone , on a route I don't know with only me and the wind from front battling it out to find the way home , eventually found it ... exhausted.

But you know what , on Sunday I was so sore I couldn't walk and I developed a mental block against cycling , but I wasn't mad at the club why should a bunch of racers be held back because a rookie like me can't keep up , yes I learned a lot but I don't blame the club. And I will continue to work on my fitness until 1 day I am able to ride with these guys again.

The only thing I want to bring out is , if you are a club make sure you cater for all audiences , with proper backup and support , don't scare the rookies.

Yes I had bad experience this weekend , but you know what .... that's life I will work on it an come Saturday I'll be back on my cycle  Smile

Cheers.

What makes a good club?

cheap booze and easy women. No wait' date=' that's my family reunion. Atleast cheap booze then orgies after each race.[/quote']

What makes a good club you ask. I think Tiger Wood's wife would say one that can smash an Escalade's back window.

What makes a good club you ask. I think Tiger Wood's wife would say one that can smash an Escalade's back window.

YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!!!!smiley32.gif

orgies after every race

Why? Everyone poked?smiley4.gif
Gasping2009-12-01 04:37:19

A club is made by the people in it' date=' not the hoopla surrounding it[/quote']

Yes, but that only begs an almost identical question "How do you attract "good" people?".

As someone who takes part in many of the fun-rides - but is currently not affiliated with any specific club - I do look with some envy at the post race stands where you can meet with your mates to exchange war stories, sit in the shade, pick up a cool drink or beer, leave your bike in relative safety etc...  That would be the key one for me.