Are Rudy Projects REALLY that good?

L.T.G

I'm considering buying a pair of Crystal Rydons from CWC, I've been using Evil Eyes for ages and love them, no hassles with them whatsoever, but for the pure convenience of the Photochromic lenses I'm considering the Rudys.

Haven't tried a pair on before so don't know if they're comfortable or not.

are they anything like Oakleys?

ALL Oakleys grind my head like a vice, specially Radars, so not an Oakley fan at all.

do the Rudys live up tp the Hype?

Firstly let me start off by saying that I am a die hard oakley fan and was reluctant to buy the Rudy's, however at the price and the apparent value for mney, it was a no brainer. BTW I also got them from CWC.

1. They are super comfortable and you can adjust the nose piece and the sides VERY VERY easily.

2. The photohromatic lenses work fantastically well. They dont go dark enough to weld metal but it will suffice for cycling more than adequately.

3. They do fog up when you stop but so does every other lens Ive ever seen.

Go get them, I promise you wont regret it!!

I got mine from CWC as well. They are stunning. I use to have Oakleys but  I dont look back again after buying that bargain from CWC.

No they are NOT that great at all. They are nice when the weather is hot and dry and you keep moving. The moment there is some moisture in the air and you stop for a moment they mist up and for the remiander of the ride you battle to see and keep clean, wherease the Oakley stays dry and fine.Unhappy

Firstly let me start off by saying that I am a die hard oakley fan and was reluctant to buy the Rudy's, however at the price and the apparent value for mney, it was a no brainer. BTW I also got them from CWC.

1. They are super comfortable and you can adjust the nose piece and the sides VERY VERY easily.

2. The photohromatic lenses work fantastically well. They dont go dark enough to weld metal but it will suffice for cycling more than adequately.

3. They do fog up when you stop but so does every other lens Ive ever seen.

Go get them, I promise you wont regret it!!

Agreed!

Fifteen years ago only a few companies could produce an optically-correct concave plastic (polycarbonate) lens. Today every second company in China can do so.   Lens quality is just not an issue anymore and good lenses don't have to cost much - they cost cents to produce.

However, lenses alone don't maketh the glasses. Hinges, fit, airflow, style, coatings, rubber bits and bobs etc make up the other 50% of the equation.

Take them and judge for yourself. Are they any better than anything else that costs far less? If not and you can live with another style, then do what's good for your pocket. If you simply have to have them, then you have to have them.

Check out the specialized optics range , they make great stuff road and mtb specific designs(mtb has a slighlty yellow tint for low light condtions IE single track and the road versions highlight red light for car brake lights etc) and they also have adaptalight which is thier verison of photohromatic. And they are reasonably priced.

I have 2 pairs of the Rydon photochromics.

I really like them, but I do find them on the slightly small side on my face.

Try them on before you buy to see that they give you enough coverage. They are nicely adjustable and the lenses do work well.

I bought a pair from CWC recently.. By far the best glasses i have used!! Money well spent for sure..

As far as lenses that fog up go...finally solved the mystery.  simply adjust eyewear to make sure the frame does not touch your brows - the heat that build up behind the lens will then be able to escape...this is wear Rudy Project's full adjustability comes in very handy!!  If your frame can not adjust (i.e. like most Oakley // other frames) then you will have to get lucky with the frame you purchase...

• 1 month later...

Got my Rydons from CWC yesterdayBig%20smile

firstly what service, those guys are super snappy and on the ball!! big up CWCClap

won't get to use them  for a while (injuredOuch)

so as far as knowing how good they are, we'll see...

thanks again all for the input! Thumbs%20Up