How to stop a tube getting damaged in a saddle bag

jugheaddave

Hi Guys

Any ideas how to stop a spare tube from getting damaged/perished inside my saddle bag?

I have been "let down" (excuse the pun) on two occasions by a spare tube that has got damage/perished in my saddle bag. The later tube has only been in there about 4 months??

I stuff my tubes in an old sock (the thin cycling/running type) because I got fed up with it as well!  It works

The sock also double's up as a glove / rag should you need to wipe your hands after getting lube / grease on it

use a condom with powder in it, you can give it a turn on the end , you can pull a condom about 6 times over before it get a litle knot at the end to keep it dry and dirt free

use a condom with powder in it' date=' you can give it a turn on the end , you can pull a condom about 6 times over before it get a litle knot at the end to keep it dry and dirt free[/quote']

And if you should meet a hot chickie on the trail and want some nookie, you'll have a condom in your saddlebag! smiley36.gif

Cool idea' date=' been wondering what to do with the socks i get in the goody bags. [/quote']

Send them to me, mind are old and holy Confused

Cool idea' date=' been wondering what to do with the socks i get in the goody bags. [/quote']

Send them to me, mind are old and holy Confused

The socks or the condoms??      I'll get my coat!!  LOL

Wearing them never occurred to you?

Wearing them never occurred to you?

good questionConfused

best solution is to take some tubes to your butcher and ask him to vacuum pack them for you.  That way they don't chafe or perish, and they take up less space!

I vacuum pack a tube and a bomb together.

oh' date=' and might as well ask him to include a condom - be prepared!![/quote']

I'd say you need something a tad more substantial in yours to fend off that maniac in the Cradle.One of those zap guns is good

Sorry wrong thread but its as good as any