I did it!!!!!

AuctionLamb

Yesterday afternoon the weather did not look very cycle friendly and planned an hour tempo ride....so it was me and the indoor trainer.....this 2 x 20min thing was sticking in my head.....so I said I wil try and do it at 80% - 85% of MAX HR. DeadDeadDead

I DID IT!!!!Big%20smile

Had a 15min warm-up, 20min, 5min rest(light spinning), 20min then a 5min cool down.

Donner it was hard...the last 5 min or so was pure hell......so now I can put my name on the "hall of fame" of turbo trainer sessions!LOLWink

I would like to thanks my fans (TCS LOLWink), family and friends that stood by me during this hard session......

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats, I almost feel motivated to go out and do my session choice a) risk the Heidelberg unpredictable weather (it WILL rain) b) rollers in the basement.

10 more minutes....

I have never felt so pumped up for a session.....actually nervous.LOL

Set the whole room up for that session....moved the music system into the room played my best music amazing!!! When I was finished....you like.....WOW.....will get strong with a few of these! I feel that the music is better without the Ipod(OK...it was very loud but who cares).Thumbs%20Up

AL, well done... now you just got to keep building up on that till you can handle a couple of hours on the vomitron!

AuctionLamb, I hate to be the one that has to burst you bubble, but doing 2x20mins on HR and doing 2x20mins on Power Output are two entirely different things, please don't be mad at me!!!Confused<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Well done - it really is a great session and takes focus and strength (mental and physical)

You should consider the "Bruce" special pyramid sesion,which I have been doing for a few weeks now and love;

1 x 20 @ 80-85% (a little easier than you did these at)

1 x 10 min spin easy

1 x 4 min @ 95% (basically as hard as you can sustain for 4 mins - gonna love that)

1 x 4 min spin easy

1 x 1 min @ Max for the duration - seriously hard

1 x 4 min Spin easy

1 x 1 min as above

1 x 4 min easy

1 x 4 min @ 95% as before

1 x 4 min Spin easy

1 x 20 min as before

Fall off and feel great at having completed a real good workout.

Last night' date=' 1:52 on 56 km on the idt. It was good Approve [/quote']

OK....you win!DeadLOL

No No, We all win Clap

Well done - it really is a great session and takes focus and strength (mental and physical)

You should consider the "Bruce" special pyramid sesion' date='which I have been doing for a few weeks now and love;

1 x 20 @ 80-85% (a little easier than you did these at)
1 x 10 min spin easy
1 x 4 min @ 95% (basically as hard as you can sustain for 4 mins - gonna love that)
1 x 4 min spin easy
1 x 1 min @ Max for the duration - seriously hard
1 x 4 min Spin easy
1 x 1 min as above
1 x 4 min easy
1 x 4 min @ 95% as before
1 x 4 min Spin easy
1 x 20 min as before

Fall off and feel great at having completed a real good workout.
[/quote']

Cool...gonna keep that session for another rainy day...gonna try it. I find this session goes very quickly on a turbo trainer:

15min warm-up

1min hard

1min easy

2min hard

2min easy

3min hard

3min easy

4min hard

4min easy

3min hard

3min easy

2min hard

2min easy

1min hard

1min easy

5 min cool down

How do you sound so enthusiastic about the IDT - I am dreading my session tonight....

The past week or two or so with this bad weather I just did some turbo trainer sessions and when I went for my first outdoor ride this Tuesday.....shyte.....hills seems to be A LOT easier so it has it's benefits.

Unsually spin up this one hill 39/18 did is very comfy at 39/15!!Shocked

A bit more motivated with the turbo trainer thing now......is it a mental thing???Tongue