Caffeine alternative

Evan Andreou

hmmmm, you'd have to be overweight or find someone who is to get this organised, but it is a guarantee (i did spend 2 years at rhodes university...) find a really lenient pay-offable pharmacy, get 6 thins or 8 redupons.... sleep next week.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm' date=' you'd have to be overweight or find someone who is to get this organised, but it is a guarantee (i did spend 2 years at rhodes university...) find a really lenient pay-offable pharmacy, get 6 thins or 8 redupons.... sleep next week.[/quote']

S'pose you can never be too thinLOL

wolverine, i might just add that you have got to be seriously stupid or desperate to do that... i did it once back in '89 and never ever ever again. i'm feeling nauseous just thinking of it! Dead

My hubbie volunteers at a SANCA outpatient group, and it's always amazing to hear people say that they haven't taken drugs but they did take Thinz with their friends the other night.

"How many?"

"About 6"

"And you don't think that's a problem?!"

MichH, all i can say is that if anyone ever does that twice they are seriously stoooooooooopid! yuk yuk yuk. there is no way to deny that it IS drugs and my personal experience is that that is a good way to put yourself off anything cos it was gross. felt like $%^&* could eat for a few days. took a couple of days before i could sleep. definately 1000000% bad news. there was nothing fun or good about it.

Okay...as coffee didn't work:

A powernap works quite well - will refresh you for about 3-4 hours. Take 10-20 minutes (not recomended longer otherwise you're going to feel far worse when you wake up)

Green apples - sounds stupid, but usually helps a hell of a lot when i have to stay awake to finnish something late at night!

Excercise - bit too late for that now, but an early morning cycle could have done wonders.

Fresh air - get some of it every now and again, crisp air and the bit of walking around usually helps.

Do something with your hands - just purely concentrating (like reading, studying etc) will send you into dreamland in no time!

AND LASTLY...try to get at least 10hours of sleep in tonight otherwise you're going to feel just as bad tomorrow!

Been there done this. 

When I was working full time and still studying doing projects and stuff at night I lived on bioplus.  Would take some in the morning when I got to work and it kept me going for the day.  Did this solidly for more than a week with max 3 hours sleep a night.  NOT good for the system, I was trashed for at least a week afterwards.

I'm a programmer so have done many of the all nighters / work for more than 48 hours solid.  Coffee can only do so much. 

I found popping down to the gym and having a nice cold shower worked for a short while but the thing that worked the best when I had to sit at my pc for hours was listening to some really good music.  I do the same when I'm really tired and have to drive somewhere. 

Guest colonel

Cocaine or amphetamines normally also do a good job

Bioplus... Big%20smileprevented me from sleeping at all for a nightAngry

Bioplus did exactly the opposite for me , 5 min after i had drank it , i could not keep my eyes open.... Different strokes for different folks i say

Coffee, cigarettes, and 20 minute naps - I finished a 6 week cd-rom project in 5 1/2 days doing that. 

Okay...as coffee didn't work:

A powernap works quite well - will refresh you for about 3-4 hours. Take 10-20 minutes (not recomended longer otherwise you're going to feel far worse when you wake up)

Green apples - sounds stupid' date=' but usually helps a hell of a lot when i have to stay awake to finnish something late at night!

Excercise - bit too late for that now, but an early morning cycle could have done wonders.

Fresh air - get some of it every now and again, crisp air and the bit of walking around usually helps.

Do something with your hands - just purely concentrating (like reading, studying etc) will send you into dreamland in no time!

AND LASTLY...try to get at least 10hours of sleep in tonight otherwise you're going to feel just as bad tomorrow!
[/quote']

Nellie

You must then eat a lot of green apples and train a lot early in the morning, as I see you are here a lot late at night... LOL

Nellie

You must then eat a lot of green apples and train a lot early in the morning' date=' as I see you are here a lot late at night... LOL
[/quote']

LOLLOLClapEmbarrassed

lol, nah, i'm usually still quite awake then - i'm a night person and fine with anything between 3-6hrs sleep. It gets a bit rough when i have to work on art projects through the night with NO sleep though...then it's time for double espresso's(and i don't usually even drink ANY coffee!Confused) and everything else i can think of to survive school and art classes in the afternoon.

ya, if we look at the times Nelly post stuff on here...then she can certainly give advice on staying up. Or she sleeps the whole day. And then talks in the dark , AAHHHH! Now we know whats going on the hub after hrs... a cyber-vryery...

Not only cycling and a lot on the HUB as well, but art as well.

So when do we see your work?

ya' date=' if we look at the times Nelly post stuff on here...then she can certainly give advice on staying up. Or she sleeps the whole day. And then talks in the dark , AAHHHH! Now we know whats going on the hub after hrs... a cyber-vryery...[/quote'] Cervelo jou bl1ksem is jy dalk jaloers?????????????????????????LOLLOLLOL

...and 20 minute naps...

I can't even get comfortable in a minute and you do it 20 times.