Is it time for a new beginning ?

narra

Hey.....let's be all serious for a moment.....I can't think of one person on this hub that is so competitve that they would be jealous of TCS.

Wrong.  I know of one or two.....and being jealous about us' date=' as you rightly pointed out, is STUPID!! 

TCS and supporters think that if people give TCS slack they are jealous for some reason.

Big difference between "slack" and "crap".  Sometimes things are offensive.  Like your green man dancing around......but you don't see me giving you crap about it.......WinkBig%20smile

sorry...wil change it......!Embarrassed

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me explain why I will take a bit of a sabbatical for a while and maybe this can be of some contribution to the debate.

As a relative newbie, I found the hub informative and most helpfull. I enjoyed both the sarcastic remarks and humorous etc and even contributed to "mocking" the odd stupid question as well, which was deserved.(Remember "Propman's" question on how does one get noticed as a professional Prop (meaning Pro)LOL)

But... I found that a few things "bugged" me no end (and I am NOT sensitive)of which I have listed some:

1) when a thread gets hijacked and goes off on a cycling tangent it is ok, but when two individuals hijack a serious thread and "bite" each other for three pages while others are waiting for information or answers, it is ridiculous:

2) The whole TCS debacle p'ed me off no end. Here are a small sponsored team (in my opinion) who are extremeley passionate about their team and even make of cycle that most ride, who are starting to make an impact and yet, the "HUB", the cycling community who should be celebrating the David and Goliath story (Ok, even if Goliath was on vacation and his smaller brother was fighting in his place..!Big%20smile) we start ripping them off and insulting them as they share their cycling pics and experiences with us etc, etc. VERY bad taste.

3) there are some who clearly do not understand the difference between sarcasm, humour, harmless banter & mocking (all great) and downright crude & insulting behaviour. There has been too much of the latter in my opinion. The fact that the hub is so serious now just shows that maybe too many don't know how to operate in the former. And no, I am not a "holier than thou" or being judgemental at all. As I said in my post, the majority of people on the hub are gr8!!! Which leads me to the last point..

5) Related to 1) - I thought that the Hub was a forum and NOT a chat room. Maybe people should think about the difference before discussing the matter further. I am not against either, but then decide which it is. I think we lose many people who think that it is an actual forum (sure with some chit chat occassionaly) when it seems to be operated for the most part like a glorified chat room by it's members. And so we have members getting offended and keep asking the ridiculous question about freedom of speech etc (vomit, vomit Dead) because they actually want a chat room where you can curse and insult all and sundry (including their friends and familly) and cannot operate with humour in a forum environment. I think we are going through an identity crises that will eventually determine and define what the hub is actually all about. A community of similar interest groups or "clicks" (and no I am not talking about TCS as I celebrate their comeraderie and team spirit!) who would be better off e-mailing each other or chatting on the telephone.

I belong to audioassylum.com forum and you won't believe the entry criteria etc with probably twenty times the amount of members that the hub has. There is the odd banter etc but nothing as insulting or crude as  I have witnessed here.

I also don't want to offend anyone with my view but if the shoe fits...

Notice how few of the people who genuinely are knowledgeable are posting regularly at the moment.

Anyway just my 2c - no offence intended and I will not get offended if anyone says that maybe I don't belong to here (I am already starting to wonder about it as well though)
racman2007-06-21 09:21:34

My biggest problem is that we have just run out of dried fruit and there is no place in Lagos that stocks dried fruit. Any suggestions???????

the biggest non-cycling topic on the hub seems to be the big moan about the non-cycling topics on the hubConfused

hendrik, you can make everything else by yourself, why can't you make dried fruit?

All valid points racman, you're not the only one feeling this way.

Take & give what you can and ignore the rest.

The reason I was attracted to the FORUM,was the amount of intelligent,informative and CYCLING RELATED postings.

There was a healthy exchange of ideas,views and opinions.

Information was to be had.Just look or ask for it.

Now....we got a chat room.Imature,dissing,destructive,off topic,Stuff all to do with cycling springs to mind.

As well.Posting stupid questions,inane comments.And some of the topics.Lets try and be as weird as possible.I cant believe what has happened to such a brilliant site.

I don't know.......

Give up.

Racman, het jy in my peanut ingeklim.  Dude, what you said is sooooo true!  Now let's hope the hub wakes up.

Oom Hendrik, soms is oom se "flippant" aanmerkings nie eintlik gepas nie.  Tot nou toe was als ernstig, en oom kom in met daai k@k aanmerking.  Dalk moet oom eerder op chit chat gaan sit en dan verwys na die threads met oom se opmerkings.

Totally off the topic but Backlash you obviously enjoyed "Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy"

Good taste in booksThumbs%20Up

Why do you say that WW?

WW Think it came from Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective agency- Also DouglasAdams

Watter flippant ene praat jy van die een van jou oor SRAM of myne oor die droe vrugte? Kyk bietjie mooi na die gesanik van hierdie posting en jy sal besef hoe vrugteloos die hele oefening is. 43 postings en 840 views van hoe swaar dit is op die Wilenaaf? Ek sou se dit konstitioneer 'n gesanik.

Well put Racman.

I don't mind a bit of banter,but as you say, to read through 3 pages of insults by brainless idiots to find the thread you're trying to follow is tiresome.            And the problem is its contageous,you also want to start insulting the dickheads.

Good to remember: This is a cycling forum,not a chat room!!!

Easy, die' siening is al lankaal geformuleer. Hierdie posting is aanvanklik op die verkeerde plek geplaas. Chit Chat is juis die Forum wat vir hierdie tipe nitter natter gebruik moet word. Ja dit is 'n"Cycling forum" juis vir fietsryers om dinge van gemeenskaplike belang te bespreek. Jy sal soms oukies kry wat kwaadword vir iemand en dan eers so bietjie stoom afblaas. Dit moet gebeur. Laat hy eerder die keyboard slaan voordat hy die kat gaan skop.

Get a life!!!! This is hardly the end of the world stuff...If you do not like it move on, talk about boring and useless posts????!!!. Lets rather talk about any subject than no subject at all...