AFFORDABLE BIKE INSURANCE

Riccardo

Also be sure to tell the companies you are getting quotes from that you are a funrider taking part in organised events and that you are NOT receiving any prize money classifying you as "professional" Licenced riders fall under a different category. Many companies confuse "racing" with "fun riding" you will be surprised at the change in attitude and how much lower your insureance will be if added to your general package. Be sure to specify all deviations form your original bike like carbon upgrades, accessories like saddle bags and pumps etc.

Herewith our quotation and more detailed information about the Cyclesure scheme.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

1.  WORLDWIDE ALL RISK COVER TO CYCLES AND ACCESSORIES BASED  

ON REPLACEMENT VALUE

Cover includes the following:

?        Theft

?        Hi-jacking

?        Damage incurred in transit

?        Damage incurred whilst training

?        Damage incurred whilst participating in any event (International, National, Provincial, Club, or Time trails.)

2.  PERSONAL ACCIDENT COVER

?        Death or Permanent Disability Cover of R 10 000-00.

?        Medical Expenses up to R 5 000 for any accident (the cover for Personal Accident and Medical Expenses is in respect of official events only).

3.  PERSONAL LEGAL LIABILITY

?        Liability cover of R 1 000 000 to cover you for amounts for which you become legally liable to pay as compensation as a result from any incident arising from the use of a pedal cycle.

4.  CYCLESURE LOYALTY BENEFIT

As a Cyclesure policy holder you will receive 10% discounts at various cycle shops, discounts on accommodation at all your major venues, travel discounts on car rental & flights, entertainment discounts and discounts on all home ware luxuries & commodities.  This benefit is free and included in your Cyclesure policy.

5.  BIKE HIRE (Optional cover) (Premium = R 10.00 per cycle per month)

We will supply you with a pedal cycle of our choice while your pedal cycle is unusable or is being repaired following loss or damage of the insured pedal cycle.

6.  SAMARITAN (Optional cover) (Premium = R 8.00 per cyclist per month)

Utilizing the latest cell phone technology we offer the most advanced emergency assistance benefit yet devised in <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />South Africaon>. As long as the cell phone is on and you call the emergency number we can determine your location. We will then dispatch the appropriate assistance for that emergency.

7.  ER24 SWEATSAFE (Optional cover) (Premium = R 30.00 per family per month)

Effective identification is often the key to accessing quality and rapid emergency care, where guaranteed or upfront funding may be required.  SweatSafe incorporates the ER24 SweatBand to identify you in an accident or medical emergency and thereby is able to verify your ambulance and hospital cover immediately.  The elements of SweatSafe include:

*  ER24 medical emergency/evacuation services on 084 124 ? road or air

*  Hospital expense cover in event of accidental injury ?

up to R 50 000.00 per insured person

8.  FIRST AMOUNTS PAYABLE:  

Inside the Republic of South Africa:

Basic first amount payable: 5 % of the claim with a minimum of R 250.00         

Wheel excess: additional 10 %

Theft / hi-jacking: 5 % of the claim with a minimum of R 250.00

Outside the Republic of South Africa:

Basic first amount payable: 10 % of the claim with a minimum of R 2 000.00

Wheel excess:  additional 10 %

Theft / hi-jacking: additional 10 %

9.  UNDERWRITT EN BY: SA EAGLE INSURANCE COMPANY LTD

10.  CYCLESURE DOMESTIC UNDERWRITING MANAGERS

We can also offer your comprehensive insurance on your personal domestic and motor insurance.  Please give us or your broker a call to allow us the opportunity to quote and compare what we can offer you to your existing cover.  Alternatively you can complete the questionnaire on our website and we or your broker will contact you.

11.  QUOTATION

Pedal cycle valued at                                     R   20 000.00              R 151.00

Policy fee                                                                                            R   14.00

Total monthly premium                                                                       R 165.00        

This premium does not include Samaritan, ER24 SweatSafe or bike hire cover.

Sounds good, but IMO its pricey.  I got a qoute, but opted out as its more than I'm currently paying through my insurance broker.

But if I tell them I am a fun rider ( and I am) and does not win prices I will be lying !!! I am not yet ready to retire on my price money but two months ago my take home monies was over R1800 !!!

Sooo you are a unliscenced professional..... was it munny or lucky draw or Lotto!!!!!! Do not worry Lotto does not constitute lyjing!!!!!

The quote I got from this people looked a bit high ?

R30000 at 175pm ? Or is that the going rate ?

Myne is 50% van die waarde gedeeldeur 'n klomp nulle.

Eg. R 20 000-00 = R 200 per maand. gedek vir alles, race, steel en wat ookal daar oorbly.

winning prize money will not classify you as a professional cyclist.a professional cyclist is a person who derives an income from participating in events.

• 2 weeks later...

whatever happened to cyclesure, they sure sucked. My dad had his bike stolen and 3 weeks after he got a new bike he was nearly killed in a taxi smash. They cancelled his insurance, said his high risk