Motorpacing at SA's

The Pirate

wooden spoon ? ?LOL

Not me Jackes, I saw one of the favourites coming past me behind a car about 7 km into the race after he had a puncture.

I've got no problem with that what so ever. If he motorpaced back after he dropped then its a differant story.

I've got no problem with that what so ever. If he motorpaced back after he dropped then its a differant story.

ok, just wondering smiley9.gif

Can you motorpace back to the bunch if you puncture at SA's ?

I see you trying to stir this morning! It was me! I puctured about 7k's into the race , got a wheel and my team car helped me get back into the bunch with a com behind keeping a close eye!! Only reason I could do this is the bunch was still together and there was nobody off the front!

I you looking for any justice, My seat clamp broke on lap 3 and I was unable to finnish!

Feel beter now!

101%2010-02-23 03:12:35

Michelle - he's not new to cycling! Check his post count...

He was last in our race at SA's though....

My seat clamp broke on lap 3

Dis hoekom jy so met 'n beknopte gesig Sondag gery het?!!  Dis van al daai pyp sit van Saterdag!  Big%20smile

even in the grand tours and one-day races' date=' it's kinda overlooked a bit?[/quote']

Thanx HR. I am getting crucified today smiley5.gif I remember one of my good friends getting a earfull last year because he did it in licensed ride and was DQ'ed. I will stay away from the Rant 'n Rave section in future, you need hair on your teeth to put a post in here smiley18.gif smiley18.gif

My seat clamp broke on lap 3

Dis hoekom jy so met 'n beknopte gesig Sondag gery het?!!  Dis van al daai pyp sit van Saterdag!  Big%20smile

LOL Daai beknopte gesig was van seer kry !! tedanke aan jou!!Big%20smile

Guest Michelle
Michelle - he's not new to cycling! Check his post count...

He was last in our race at SA's though....

Hehe I know Wink

Yes, and a lot of other things get overlooked as well - exactly why cycling will never come clean.

Why was Hoffman disqualified at a recent 94.7? The argument was his teammates were suppose to pace him back.

What if my stem breaks?

What if my chain breaks?

..or a cable, or anything??

Some people prepares better than others but we also know life is not fair. To illustrate:

Last year I took part in two high profile races where in both races the chain of one of my opponent's bike came off - in both cases we were starting to climb. So  he lost some valuable ground but was motorpaced back in both instances. I say either he does'nt know how to change gears properly or his gears are'nt tuned correctly. So he needs to prepare better - the bike and/or his gearchanging ability.

A hard and fast rule need to be APPLIED (it's already in place)

So, I say, it shouldn't be allowed to be motorpaced back and neither should team managers be allowed to operate who condone acts like that.