So who's going to win the TdF?

racman

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it would be difficult to pick just three, I would say on balance of experience- Vino and Kloden,Valverde has never finished so it may be  bit much to expect a win, but a podium is certainly possible certainly top 6.

Schleck, Evans and Leipheimer, I cant see making the podium, top 10 yes.

but I also fancy Denis Menchov and Popovych, and I think Alberto Contodor may take the "king of the mountains" from Rasmussen this year

I say Vino cause he has agreat team supporting him. Valverde will be in there if he can make it through the first two weeks without crashing and breaking something. Leipheimer has a great chance too cause the team they selected is there to support only him like they did Lance in the past. Frank Schleck also a great contender so it still is anybody's race.

The one who's going to finish second, will be awarded the win with in the next two years LOL

You all got it wrong. John Lee will be in the top 10 over the flat stages as he will be fighting for the best young rider yersey.

On the last flat stage he and Robbie will get in a break away and as they are the new team on the block no one will be interested in chasing them down. JL will win the stage and have a 38 minute lead and will hang onto the lead through the mountains and win with 60 seconds. Cool

IanC you are wrong - Robbie will lose time while he stops and tries to bl1ksem a spectator! Big%20smile racman2007-06-29 03:12:28

You all got it wrong. John Lee will be in the top 10 over the flat stages as he will be fighting for the best young rider yersey.

On the last flat stage he and Robbie will get in a break away and as they are the new team on the block no one will be interested in chasing them down. JL will win the stage and have a 38 minute lead and will hang onto the lead through the mountains and win with 60 seconds. Cool

And the lotto numbers are? LOLLOLLOL

If Discovery thought Leipheimer could win the TDF why did they sign Basso?

Plan"A" and Plan "B"

[

And the lotto numbers are? LOLLOLLOL

Will tell you as soon as we have a LOTTO again ...Confused

So who's going to win the TdF?

Seems to me that the smart money should go on the guy in yellow.  It must be a lucky colour or something cos it always wins.

Still no support for Christophe Moreau ???ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

Like before he goes into the tour as the great French hope, he will probably finish 26th or so.

I don't have a favourite to win, I just hope we see some really good racing and that it comes down to the wire.

more trouble for vino!!! this just on the wires

Paris
Kazakh team Astana have dropped Italian rider Eddy Mazzoleni from their nine-man Tour de France team due to doping allegations.
The team led by Tour hopefuls Alexandre Vinokourov of Kazakhstan and German Andreas Kloden also said Friday that all its riders had signed or were in the process of signing the International Cycling Union's (UCI) commitment to clean cycling, which includes the request for a DNA sample.
Vinokourov and Kloden have both previously finished on the podium at the sport's most prestigious race, known as the Grand Boucle.
The Kazakh finished third in 2003 and has won three stages while Kloden was second in 2004.
Mazzoleni, a strong climber, has been dropped because of his implication in a doping affair dating back to 2004.
Team:
 Antonio Colom (ESP), Maxim Iglinskiy (KAZ), Serguei Ivanov (RUS), Andrey Kashechkin (KAZ), Andreas Kloden (GER), Daniel Navarro (ESP), Gregory Rast (SUI), Paolo Savoldelli (ITA), Alexandre Vinokourov (KAZ).
Substitutes: Gennady Mikhailov (RUS), Jose Antonio Redondo (ESP).