more Very Sad news :-(

EyeMod

Hi Bruce and family.I am saddened to hear what happened to your son.I will hold your name up in prayer and ask that God give you the strength and courage to face this trying and difficult time.Psalm 143 V 8.Riccardo Stermin

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My deepest condolences to the Reinecke family and everybody that knew Adam. Saddened to hear of the loss of a prodigious talent.

I say the driver of vehicle (should he ever be found) be charged with MURDER.

oh no, not another one - when will this STOP?????

nothing anyone can say will make it better ....

Another sad day for our beloved sport and an indictment of the sick world we leave in.

RIP fellow cyclist. Heartfelt condolences to the Reyneke family on their tragic loss. Cry

20100406_145021_adam_as_i_remem.jpg

this is adam and I at the recent SA Road Champs in Klerksdorp. he is on the far left with the bright green glasses. He finished 2nd in the Junior men's category and was an unbelievable talent. RIP buddy...

My deepest condolences to the Reinecke family and everybody that knew Adam. Saddened to hear of the loss of a prodigious talent.

?

?

I say the driver of vehicle (should he ever be found) be charged with MURDER.

Just to get the facts straight for everyone....

I spoke to a person that spoke to Bruce while he was still at the scene of the accident....

Adam was doing a road ride alone, while Bruce and Angela was doing a mtb ride

Bruce did not get a sms from Adams phone stating that he was hit by a car. Bruce was stopped by a lady that told them that a cyclist was hit by a car on the tar road.

Thy then flagged down another car that then took them to the accident.

It was not a hit and run like stated before. Bruce got to the scene and the driver of the vehicle was still at the scene.....

I dont know much more than this....

I appologize 4the miss facts, I was just relaying what was told 2me by my father who spoke 2bruce

I?appologize 4the miss facts' date=' I was just relaying what was told 2me by my father who spoke 2bruce[/quote']

No problem dude..... Spoke to the guys at the shop late in the day and that is what was said.....

To Bruce and Family, I have no words to even start and therefor I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts as only He can offer some mending to a broken heart.

Paul

Newspaper article from Volksblad newspaper in Bloemfontein

Belowende jong fietsryer (17) doodgery

2010-04-07 00:18

function openPrintWindow() {

myPrintWindow = window.open('http://www.volksblad.com/printArticle.aspx?iframe&aid=3f08499f-3368-4206-8dfa-7d339235b6e8&cid=2114','myPrintWindow','toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=0,width=750,height=600');

}

Wilhelm de Swardt

Johannesburg. ? Die 17-jarige Adam Reyneke, een van Suid-Afrika se belowendste jong fietsryers en seun van die oud-Springbokfietsryer Bruce Reynecke, is gisteroggend net buite Lesotho se Maseru-grenspos doodgery terwyl hy hom vir die Suid-Afrikaanse junior fietstoer voorberei het.

Die verwagting was dat Reyneke, ?n leerling van Pretoria Boys? High, die toer wat van m?re af op en om Bethlehem plaasvind, kon wen.

?Adam moes op die toer se wennerspodium gestaan het en nie n? die toer in ?n graf gel? het nie,? het Barry Austin, Fietsry Suid-Afrika (FSA) se spanbestuurder wat in die buiteland is, met ?n SMS-boodskap laat weet.

Ciska Austin, ook van FSA, s? Reyneke was ?n seker keuse om Suid-Afrika in Augustus op die eerste Olimpiese Jeugspele in Singapoer te verteenwoordig.

Austin was erg emosioneel oor Reyneke se dood.

?Wanneer gaan die slagting van onskuldige fietsryers op ons land se paaie eendag stop? Ek dink die enigste oplossing gaan wees om wetgewing op te stel waarin die regte van fietsryers as wettige padgebruikers erken word.

?Wat ek nie kan verstaan nie, is waarom motoriste bereid is om spoed te verminder en geduldig te wag voordat hulle ?n trekker verbysteek, maar wanneer dit by fietsryers kom, is hulle ongeduldig en moedswillig. ?n Trekker is nie veel vinniger as ?n fiets nie.?

Bruce Reyneke s? hy wil nie in di? stadium enige beskuldigings maak oor die wyse waarop sy seun gesterf het nie.

?Dit gaan nie help nie. Niks gaan my seun terugbring nie.?

Hy vertel dat sy seun gisteroggend sy padfiets op hul plaas by Ladybrand in sy motor gelaai het om vir oulaas te gaan oefen.

?Ek weet nog nie presies wat gebeur het nie. Die ongeluk het op ?n bre? pad met geel strepe teen ?n steil bult plaasgevind. Volgens ooggetuies het die motoris van agter teen Adam vasgejaag. Sy liggaam het etlike meters deur die lug getrek. Daar was geen remmerke op die pad nie.

?Omstanders het dadelik noodhulp op Adam toegepas, maar dit was vergeefs. Hy het op die toneel gesterf.?

Reyneke s? hy het agterna met die man gepraat wat sy seun doodgery het.

?Die man is regtig vol berou, maar hy kon nie aan my verduidelik wat tot die ongeluk aanleiding gegee het nie.?

Adam se begrafnis sal waarskynlik Maandag in Pretoria plaasvind.

- Volksblad

smiley19.gif

Heartbreaking and Bruce is such an absolute gentleman, I have two kids and pray every day that they would not leave this earth before me.

I think I need to stop reading this thread smiley19.gif

Just a request from Bruce.... that people don't send flowers but rather donate the money that would have been spent to a charity like Jakaranda kiderhuis (they have a big cycle project for the orphans there)