more Very Sad news :-(

EyeMod

Just a request from Bruce.... that people don't send flowers but rather donate the money that would have been spent to a charity like Jakaranda kiderhuis (they have a big cycle project for the orphans there)

Gert, please post the bank details. I'll forward them to Facebook as well.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Refer to Ride magazine 13/03, leter form Julian Holleran.

WHAT is the only organization representing us doing about these incidents, according ot a response by one Greg Till, I could not find any thing that protects the safety of cyclists.

Please note that all the comercial considerations means nothing if our most important resource, our cyclists are not protected. Distributing as few "stickers" will not be sufficient, we need real action as was stated in this letter.

When we see this I will restore my respect and trust in the organisation.

Just my opinion

Just a request from Bruce.... that people don't send flowers but rather donate the money that would have been spent to a charity like Jakaranda kiderhuis (they have a big cycle project for the orphans there)

Gert' date=' please post the bank details. I'll forward them to Facebook as well. [/quote']

Looked all over there site but could not find anything....

I will call 2morrow and find out.

Mr Tinus Erwee

Executive Director

Tel: 012-800-4700

jakerwee@icon.co.za

Refer to Ride magazine 13/03' date=' leter form Julian Holleran.

WHAT is the only organization representing us doing about these incidents, according ot a response by one Greg Till, I could not find any thing that protects the safety of cyclists.

Please note that all the comercial considerations means nothing if our most important resource, our cyclists are not protected. Distributing as few "stickers" will not be sufficient, we need real action as was stated in this letter.

Just my opinion
[/quote']

Agree in part, the CEO was on Supercycling last week and made no mention of safety but spent a lot of time talking about his participation in the up comming Jhb2C.

Regards the sticker, this is one mans initiative and he is at least trying to do something but is facing an uphill battle from indiffrent CSA, Gvt and cycling community in general.

Refer to Ride magazine 13/03' date=' leter form Julian Holleran.

?

?

Please note that all the comercial considerations means nothing if our?most important?resource, our cyclists are not protected. Distributing as few "stickers" will not be sufficient, we need real action as was?stated in this letter.

?

?

Just my opinion
[/quote']

I feel the same it is time for C S A to be more proactive with regards to our safety. Stickers are one way that might help get the message across albeit be it not as effective as a drive would be from our controlling body.

We cyclists have been asked by Think Bike to come on board and join them in their campange for bike/cyclist awareness. Maybe its time to take up that offer and make our selves heard as well by joining them on their next awareness drive.

We are still in shock over what happened to Adam. We are so sorry for your loss Bruce and Angela.

What each of us can also maybe think of doing is joining hands this Saturday in the cradle. There is a BIG awareness program for cyclists that will hopefully be the start of bigger things in the future.

The problem with our country is that we have First World Roads with Third World Drivers on it ! Also motorists are always in a hurry, I personally still don't know why and they get irritated by the smallest thing when they are behind the wheel ??!!??

This is unbelievably sad. I first met Adam on the 2008 Epic where he was supporting his dad and Roberto Gnudi. From the minute I met him, he always remembered my name and always had a big cheerful grin on his face when I saw him at the races. The usual question from me would be 'Did you win today Adam?' and he would either say 'naaah, second', or 'Ja, got it this time'! And always with that big, beautiful smile on his face. Bruce and Angela, your son was an absolute credit to you as parents; rare that a young man has such manners and such poise in today's day and age. I cry for the loss of such an amazing young man.

Another great loss to the world !

condolences to the family, RIP Adam !

From all " Slipstreamers" ! May the family find peace ! God Bless !!

Sad news....my condolences to the family. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Soon we will all be riding virtual indoor trainers.

Gert' date=' please post the bank details. I'll forward them to Facebook as well. [/quote']

Looked all over there site but could not find anything....

I will call 2morrow and find out.

Mr Tinus Erwee

Executive Director

Tel: 012-800-4700

jakerwee@icon.co.za

Hi Guys.

here is the bank details for Jakaranda kinder huis.

Please use Fietsry klub as reference

ABSA Derdepoort

branch code 335245

Acc nr 1430140724

Regards

Gert

I'ts been a couple of days now since this tragic event occured and I still just can't accept it. I just cant process what has happened.

I'm still expecting to see Adam at the Sat and Sun club rides. I can still see him racing up Klapperkop and then riding back down to see all the rest of us wannabe's still coming up.

It's going to take forever ( if ever) to forget this impresionable young man. What a sad loss!!

Shoe! Ek klim nou eers weer op thehubsa, en dit is wat ek moet lees. Hartseer en verlee is net n paar woorde wat ek aan kan dink. Hartseer is in ons harte en ons dink aan die familie en friende wat die beproewing moet deursien. God se liefde en krag met julle!

Hey Guys, I am keeping an ear out for a memorial ride, nothing as yet but this is still to raw in every, specially 4 the family as i would imagine.

possibly next weekend we look at having the ride.

FowlStArt, please keep me in the loop - if i don't cyclle i can help out marshalling and if i have enough forwarning i can try arrange extra motorbike marshals