Irregular heart beat

I think we should all just switch off our monitors. Seems these things are unreliable and causing us all unnecessary worries.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very high HR readings on my Polar are sometimes caused by interference from other HR devices or even something like power lines. 230bpm does sound like interference. I don't know if your name-reminder-chain could be the cause of that.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have noticed that at a certain spot on my training route my HR jumps very high every time for a couple of seconds and them comes down to normal. It must be power lines or something.

Very high HR readings on my Polar are sometimes caused by interference from other HR devices or even something like power lines. 230bpm does sound like interference. I don't know if your name-reminder-chain could be the cause of that.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have noticed that at a certain spot on my training route my HR jumps very high every time for a couple of seconds and them comes down to normal. It must be power lines or something.

maybe there is a hill? Ouch

maybe there is a hill? Ouch

nope wasn't me Big%20smile

I also got this Heart flapirations' date=' when I get them I find it hard to breath, it normally only last for a few seconds and my HR would go crazy, like 233bpm, I don't get it ofter, maybe once a month if I'm lucky.[/quote']

Must be the same time as 'Loslyf' hits the shelf!!Big%20smile

'Lone atrial fibrillation' is probably the the commonest cardiac arrhythmia in endurance athletes.

Instead of the electrical impulse of the heart originating in the normal area of the right atrium, a different circuit is established throughout the chamber. At onset heart rate is typically very rapid, then slows down again and usually but not always reverts back to normal spontaneously. (Cippolini for example had to be cardioverted back to normal in Somerset West when this happened to him when training out here).

This rhythm is characterised by being irregularly irregular - there is no discernable pattern to the beats.

If you have such a heart rhythm (and it sounds like a few hubbers might) it is important to see a cardiologist for tests including an ECHO test to make sure there isn't a structural heart problem (the 'lone' in 'lone AF' refers to no underlying structural heart disease).

Treatment might be from nothing (usually) to regular medication or even 'ablation' (very rarely) using electrical burns to the heart electric circuits.

#Pete#2007-11-08 07:32:22

I also got this Heart flapirations' date=' when I get them I find it hard to breath, it normally only last for a few seconds and my HR would go crazy, like 233bpm, I don't get it ofter, maybe once a month if I'm lucky.[/quote']

Same here. Voel soos miltsteek wat te hoog op is om miltsteek te wees en dis seer as jy hard strap! WW het ook nou die dag die eerste keer so ding gekry op die TT roete, hy was nogal gestress daaroor.

Heart flapirations - is daar so woord? dis funny!LOLClap

Guest colonel

I normally have irregual heart beats evertime Mrs Colonel finds something PINK for her bike!

excitement or dread that your wallet's taking a bit of a knock? Wink

Sooo...Colonel - when are you going to mix a bit of pink with that celeste?Wink
nellie2007-11-08 07:57:16