View MTB trail maps-Western Cape

Dan Dob

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, thanks for the heads up :thumbup: How long did that black route take you?

Sorry for the delay. I only did about half of the Black and it took me about 2.5 hours from Onrus and back. I saw four other groups of cyclists on the route and was overtaken by all of them. I was on a hardtail 29 er and I did not trust the front tire, so I was very slow on the down hill sections (and the uphills!). The trail is much better than last year, better lay out, more single track, they have done a lot of good work in the past year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi riders.. I'll be in Cape Town for 9 days starting from tomorrow and I was looking forward to do a ride nearby.. I have my gear with me but will need a bike and a guide any ideas how I can do this ? 

Hi riders.. I'll be in Cape Town for 9 days starting from tomorrow and I was looking forward to do a ride nearby.. I have my gear with me but will need a bike and a guide any ideas how I can do this ?

Welcome,

Chat to Dan at iRide Africa www.irideafrica.com - Good (new) bikes and knows all the areas. Most of the maps in this thread are his..

• 10 months later...

Are there any detailed maps available anywhere of the Grabouw MTO forest routes? A lot of new single track built through there as ridden on W2W.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi. I'm looking at riding from Betty's Bay area this Saturday and Sunday (loops), looking for other riders. 30, 40, 50 or 60km rides.

New to the Hub but not new to MTBing, not a racer either.

For local trails, the Strava heatmap is a good place to start looking:

http://labs.strava.com/heatmap/

Tx JanMTB. The strava heatmap certainly helps.

Looks like I will get some good riding in and hopefully hook up with some other riders along the way.

Awesome maps...Wouldn't it be fantastic to see one from Dear-path all the way to Cape point...Send it to Hellen Zilla and get the Peninsula Epic up and running.

seriously I  would really  enjoy seeing a proposed Dream trail.

• 1 month later...

If I was moving to Cape Town, and I could choose to live near the finest set of extensive trails (think gnarly trail-bike turf, not stage race training), where would that be? Jonkershoek?

Anyone ridden in the Kogelberg Nature Reserve in Bettys Bay/Kleinmond area?

Will be there next weekend.

Anyone ridden in the Kogelberg Nature Reserve in Bettys Bay/Kleinmond area?

Will be there next weekend.

think it might still be closed. 

Pipsqueak most likely somewhere between Helderberg - Tygerberg mtb trails - Jonkershoek

Jonkershoek is out of action for moment leaving mostly Tygerberg trails and helderberg farm for your trail riding fix. O forgot about G-Spot(Stellenbosch) also fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Pipsqueak most likely somewhere between Helderberg - Tygerberg mtb trails - Jonkershoek

Jonkershoek is out of action for moment leaving mostly Tygerberg trails and helderberg farm for your trail riding fix. O forgot about G-Spot(Stellenbosch) also fun.

Bottelary Hills MTB Trails is THE place to be, 60kms of uninterrupted trail of which 20kms is singletrack. www.bottelaryhillsmtb.co.za for more info, you can watch THE movie here..

https://youtu.be/J2EZcEclYAs