View MTB trail maps-Western Cape

Dan Dob

I'm looking for trail maps of the routes in Montague. Anyone know who to contact. 

Hi, did you manage to find trail maps of the routes in Montagu?  I am going there in the next few months and would like to take my bike with.  Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey CT hubbers, I'm driving to CT for business 2nd week July and taking my bike with(MTB). I'd like to ride at least twice, 3-4hour afternoon rides, single track not to hectic and safe to ride alone.

Recommend a couple places please.   

where in cape town, iRide for trail maps...

but give an idea where about you gonna be

Paarl or Stellenbosch area, I'd like to go to Jonkershoek but the iRide site doesn't give distances. 

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I am a converted roadie to mtb. Been out of riding for 10 years after my bike was stolen. I am also recovery from a small knee op and looking for mtb rides where there isn't to much climbing (detrimental to rehabilitation of the knee), is there such a thing ( :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: )?

Ive done the Koeberg ride too many times to mention so looking for a new experience, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

I am a converted roadie to mtb. Been out of riding for 10 years after my bike was stolen. I am also recovery from a small knee op and looking for mtb rides where there isn't to much climbing (detrimental to rehabilitation of the knee), is there such a thing ( :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: )?

Ive done the Koeberg ride too many times to mention so looking for a new experience, any help would be greatly appreciated.

When you say not too much climbing? What we be your max elevation gain approximately? Are you ok with downhills?

When you say not too much climbing? What we be your max elevation gain approximately? Are you ok with downhills?

Thanks for your response Raydek. Well any uphill puts strain on the knee, very gradual uphill is fine, like the little "climb" on the road just before big bay/Eden. That is fine but anything steeper is super detrimental. I'm just not interested in cycling on roads.

It's a tough one I know.

Thanks for your response Raydek. Well any uphill puts strain on the knee, very gradual uphill is fine, like the little "climb" on the road just before big bay/Eden. That is fine but anything steeper is super detrimental. I'm just not interested in cycling on roads.

It's a tough one I know.

Let's put it this way, I can't climb out the saddle for any reason so even going downhill has to be a bit of a slow process.

Mmmmmmm... Doesn't leave much more than Koeberg as an option if that big bay climb is as much of a grade as you can do.

You could play around on the lower jeep tracks around Meerendal and possibly even Bloemendal, just avoid the climbs. Will still give you access to some short bermed single track sections.

Those are probably the best options, or at least that I can think of. Shout if you need some help locating them.

Edited by Raydek

Mmmmmmm... Doesn't leave much more than Koeberg as an option if that big bay climb is as much of a grade as you can do.

You could play around on the lower jeep tracks around Meerendal and possibly even Bloemendal, just avoid the climbs. Will still give you access to some short bermed single track sections.

Those are probably the best options, or at least that I can think of. Shout if you need some help locating them.

• 7 months later...

It's a tough one I know.

If you are prepared to travel to Oak Valley, their GREEN route is about 12km with only one steep hill about half way through, but you could push the bike up. The route is so pleasant that 2 laps round would probably be quite enjoyable for you. The other hills are much like the one gradual uphill at Koeberg, but there is much more single track that is also flat (And if you enjoy the single track, when the knee is better you can tackle the main route :)