View MTB trail maps-Western Cape

Dan Dob

Thanks Flowtie.

If there is one place that is an absolute must, I suppose its Jonkershoek oakvalley!?

Fixed :thumbup:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Flowtie.

If there is one place that is an absolute must, I suppose its Jonkershoek?

That is correct. And Oak Valley, but Oak Valley is a fixed easy route, @Jonkers you ride and climb like you want to.

MTB heaven

http://www.crank.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/jonkershoek.jpg

Edited by Berg Bok

Hmmmm. I Want!

Bottlelary hills looks like it has allot of climbing, especially the red route x 2.

So think it would be : Jonkershoek, Oak valley, Bottlelary hills and Chappies.

That should keep me busy in five days.

Hmmmm. I Want!

Bottlelary hills looks like it has allot of climbing, especially the red route x 2.

So think it would be : Jonkershoek, Oak valley, Bottlelary hills and Chappies.

That should keep me busy in five days.

Hi Dubber

If you ride Bottelary, you must ride both the red and green loops - stunning single track on both those loops. If you plan to ride Bottelary on either 9 or 10 August, I might be able to guide you around. PM me and we can discuss this.

Hi Dubber

If you ride Bottelary, you must ride both the red and green loops - stunning single track on both those loops. If you plan to ride Bottelary on either 9 or 10 August, I might be able to guide you around. PM me and we can discuss this.

Thanks!

I will send you a PM and invite.

• 4 months later...

Hi hubbers

I have been busy making a few maps of the most popular mountain bike destinations around Cape Town. I have put them on our website here. http://irideafrica.com/trail-maps/

They are low resolution and rather basic (We use them for general guidelines-NOT NAVIGATION!) but if you would like hi-res ones to print out please contact me.

Let me know your thoughts and where else you want mapped (Contermanskloof and Hillcrest coming at some point)

IRide, do you know anything about mtb trails in and around the Hermanus area?

Hey BBN, The Hermanus trails are great. I haven't mapped them as they said that they have maps on another website (not sure which one?). Really nice trails with a bit of everything and brilliant views. I'd recommend the Red over the Black route. Just make sure you pay for your ride and get the number board at Euodia Adventures before the ride!

Hey BBN, The Hermanus trails are great. I haven't mapped them as they said that they have maps on another website (not sure which one?). Really nice trails with a bit of everything and brilliant views. I'd recommend the Red over the Black route. Just make sure you pay for your ride and get the number board at Euodia Adventures before the ride!

Thanks for that, will contact Euodia.

• 6 months later...

I moved to Houtbaai about a week go.

Where is the best and closest single track and trails?

Tokai?

Tokai is close but best..? not right now. Much work is needed and large scale loss of trails with the recent felling of two blocks. Work commences from July again.

There is still plenty of riding to be had but most of the XC/AM trails are gone... signs are still being produced so careful for the Downhill.

Rhodes mem and Table Mountain (town side) also offers good riding, Singletrack is scarce though.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was just wondering whether anyone knows or if there is any information about a trail that starts at the top of the Jonkerhoek area that goes over the mountain into the Elgin/Grabouw valley?

• 1 month later...

I'm heading out to Onrus for a few days, which are the best trails to visit that are not to far to get to/ drive to. I know of Hemel de Aarde so far.

Caerus, Hemel & Aarde MTB trail and the farm roads in the Valley will keep you busy for a few days, I did a section of the Black trail this morning, here are a few pics:

post-10812-0-98273200-1388831780_thumb.jpg

post-10812-0-58040500-1388831928_thumb.jpg

post-10812-0-94589700-1388832125_thumb.jpg