To lend or not to lend?

Windbreaker

Holy Roller - actually me and little Ben just out for a lekka easy Sunday morning stroll then this evil bunch appears from nowhere and just sucks us along. Only to find me and him doing lots of work (voluntarily!). Just so happens that I see the mean dude all decked out in dark kit on that black Cannondale of his, Ewep you see! Then it got ugly!

There was a Southern Cycling chap riding in the front in fact most of the way, flippin strong, didn't actually need us to help him, there was 2 pace lines, he pulled one and a whole lot of us pulled the other.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

think they could have been my mates! no farmers taking potshots at you or were you just going too fast? 

I lent Dirt Rider a tube on Thursday night and still haven't received it back. Angry

I'm going to have to post his full name, address and telephone number so the Hub mafia can pay him a visit to extract revenge.

Thug - I'm available tonight! Sure we can catch him distracted while he re-installs the tubeless on that Continental from 1998 onto that Alex '97 buckled rim that he recently welded the hub back together with a few beers at his side Wink

Thug - I'm available tonight! Sure we can catch him distracted while he re-installs the tubeless on that Continental from 1998 onto that Alex '97 buckled rim that he recently welded the hub back together with a few beers at his side Wink

Ja, I'm terribly disappointed that he wasn't outside my flat first thing on Friday morning bearing a new tube and case of beer in appreciation for my thoughtfulness.

As he is a buddy, I'll have to give him a couple of days grace & then we'll pay him that visit.

Ja' date=' I'm terribly disappointed that he wasn't outside my flat first thing on Friday morning bearing a new tube and case of beer in appreciation for my thoughtfulness.

As he is a buddy, I'll have to give him a couple of days grace & then we'll pay him that visit.

[/quote']

Why give him grace?  If he lends a tube or something to someone he knows he'll keep on moaning and groaning about it till he gets it back.  Nail him, or better, charge him interest, a half a case a day extra!

Holy Roller - actually me and little Ben just out for a lekka easy Sunday morning stroll then this evil bunch appears from nowhere and just sucks us along. Only to find me and him doing lots of work (voluntarily!). Just so happens that I see the mean dude all decked out in dark kit on that black Cannondale of his' date=' Ewep you see! Then it got ugly!

There was a Southern Cycling chap riding in the front in fact most of the way, flippin strong, didn't actually need us to help him, there was 2 pace lines, he pulled one and a whole lot of us pulled the other.
[/quote']

Eish, that guy really hurt us.  He was as strong as an ox!!!  Up the steps he just ask the one skinny guy "you coming" and off they went.  Would give me 2 front teeth to be able to climb like that.

smiley36.gif that is the price you have to pay just to have the privilage to cycle with me ! Anyway you will have to wait untill it is pay day ! Money does not grow on a tree you know ! If you desperate I will give you the puntured tube on SAterday .

Eish' date=' that guy really hurt us.  He was as strong as an ox!!!  Up the steps he just ask the one skinny guy "you coming" and off they went.  Would give me 2 front teeth to be able to climb like that.
[/quote']

could i have your two front teeth if you ever do get to climb like that? i donated mine to a taxi