Closure of Koeberg Cycling Trail

SURFER

How did you find out that it will be closed?

And has anyone ever seen anyone from koeberg out in the tracks?

I mean if you got stuck out there you are stuck. Unless you see another rider.

I have never seen them patrol or anything.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No pay and no snakes in winter.

Somebody forgot to tell the big momma snake crossing our path last week ... :) strange how that snake had three eyes though

How did you find out that it will be closed?

And has anyone ever seen anyone from koeberg out in the tracks?
I mean if you got stuck out there you are stuck. Unless you see another rider.

I have never seen them patrol or anything.

I know because I work at Koeberg.  I believe the real reason is for security, no visitors arouns plant during WC.

How did you find out that it will be closed? And has anyone ever seen anyone from koeberg out in the tracks? I mean if you got stuck out there you are stuck. Unless you see another rider. I have never seen them patrol or anything.

?

?

?

I know because I work at Koeberg.? I believe the real reason is for security' date=' no visitors arouns plant during WC.
[/quote']

Ah! smiley2.gif

Must be for security.

Bummer! That's my regular training ground during the week. Just gonna have to get full value from my Tygerberg MTB membership. Bit far from Melkbos though. At least my climbing and single track skills will improve. flymango2010-05-28 02:39:34

How did you find out that it will be closed? And has anyone ever seen anyone from koeberg out in the tracks? I mean if you got stuck out there you are stuck. Unless you see another rider. I have never seen them patrol or anything.

I know because I work at Koeberg.  I believe the real reason is for security' date=' no visitors arouns plant during WC.
[/quote']

Ah! smiley2.gif

Must be for security.

What make you think I work for securuity.  I give you 3 guesses what I do. I put R200 bucks on that you will be wrong.Tongue 

I know because I work at Koeberg.  I believe the real reason is for security' date=' no visitors arouns plant during WC.
[/quote']

Ah! smiley2.gif

Must be for security.

What make you think I work for securuity.  I give you 3 guesses what I do. I put R200 bucks on that you will be wrong.Tongue 

My first thought when I saw the post was also that it was about security.  I can't imagine the Americans sending their boys out to Africa when there are people riding like ants all over the nuclear facilities!  Especially with the recent terror threats from the captured terrorist.

(OK, let me guess:  you work at Koeberg, have access to a computer and visit a cycling forum:  clearly a nerd, so my guess is Engineer.  Am I hot?  Emit a disturbing crackling sound if I'm close.)
Willehond2010-05-28 04:50:06

Willehond

I see you have some braincells working.  What you say is that everybody on the hub which uses a computor and visit a cycling forum is a nerd, eisch.  I am in a engineering dept, but not a engineer.   You have time till 12h30 then I am gone.  Going to cycle Koeberg at about 13h30.

you guys need real jobs' date=' instead of bitching like girls on the hub.[/quote']

Sounds to me like YOU are bitching.

smiley7.gif

Willehond

?

I see you have some braincells working.? What you say is that everybody on the hub?which uses a computor and visit a cycling forum is a nerd' date=' eisch.? I am in a engineering dept, but not a engineer.?? You have time till 12h30 then?I am gone.? Going to cycle Koeberg at about 13h30.
[/quote']

mmmm....

Maybe you fix that roof thing where we park?

smiley36.gif

I dont know maybe you play with the control rod thingy ma jingies?

Like Homer Simpson

Yes Warren i am bitching :) see you tomorrow maybe? Ill be parked under the thingy ma jiggy that shelters us from the sun or rain thingy.

Leave the good people at Koeberg alone, they sure as hell cant provide electricity but they do let us ride for free Thumbs%20Up

surfer if you leave at 12H30 you are on shift.

If you on shift and in an engineering (you did not say you are an engineer) you must be involved in system monitoring?

Slowbee

I am at home, surf to big and wild to go surf, getting into my cycling gear for 50 km at Koeberg, need to get time in before 4 June.  Tomorrow I will cycle Hillcrest/ Conters and Sunday to Chapmans.  Life is great.

No I am not on shift.  Think fuel.

At Koeberg we do not work full days on Fridays, only until 13h30.  We work to hard during the week.  I have organise my life and work to have fun. 

Cheers, I am off