ChampionChip drops the ball

The Guy in Pink

All these comments on costs and equipment and and and...are NOT the point! <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

It all comes to the fact that the was a contract that was not honored, for whatever reason this has occurred it is irrelevant,  they must be penalized..

You gotta see the penalties that we occur if we do not stick 100% to the contract, let alone not even pitch up...

This is not a hobbie for them it's a business and as such the basic principles need to be adhered too....!!!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All these comments on costs and equipment and and and...are NOT the point! <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

It all comes to the fact that the was a contract that was not honored' date=' for whatever reason this has occurred it is irrelevant,  they must be penalized..

You gotta see the penalties that we occur if we do not stick 100% to the contract, let alone not even pitch up...

This is not a hobbie for them it's a business and as such the basic principles need to be adhered too....!!!!!

[/quote']

here you go... seems you've been in the same place not sticking to contracts.

Polokwane peddlars were dropped in the Cr@p when Champion chip decided not to honour a contract for timing the Road Hog race on saturday.

This is what the Club Chairman has to say.

Dear Cyclist

We have ...

The management committee ...

I can assure you that we seen this breach in contract in a very serious light and will take the matter further.  It also poses a problem to us to allocate prize money especially to category winners.

George Malan

One thing you are forgetting is the share going to Championchip international. Also royalties to use the equipment and branding rights and and.

You are not going to go to McDonalds and put up an argument with them about their R12 hamburger which you feel is worth only R 8. you are either going to buy it from them or go somewhere else where you feel you get better value for your money or you are going without it.

So why would you now want to pick an argument with Colin.

Sometime things are out of your control and you can do nothing about it.

Andre granted but is the cost that CC charges not the main reason that a lot of people are not using them anymore,  i mean your club for one are now holding race meetings where there is no official timing, but still people are racing and coming to your clubs meetings..

This is going to force CC to rethink there costs and it is going to make presenting races so much cheaper and the eventual winner is going to be the cyclists as a whole.

That said when is your next meet at Rooiwal, and are you hosting Saturdays race at Vissershoek School

Keep up the good work with your races I for one will always ( budget allowing) be there

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted Andrew Mclain this morning and I got a favourable response regarding the info required for the updating of SSL. CL is obviously dependent on the info flow from the timing companies....(His mail was copied to them..)  So lets see what transpires.

George,

Hello! I could not agree more, This is really something guys we all need to resolve ASAP for the good of all cyclists!

Regards,

Andrew Mclean

Tel : +27(011) 707 2700

Fax: +27(011) 707 2902

National Number; 0861292535

E-Mail: andrew@cyclelab.com

GPS Co-Ordinates Cyclelab Fourways:

S26? 01.815? E28? 00.613?

Cycle Lab Cape Town [Westlake]

Tel: 021 700 1060

Cycle Lab Durban

Tel: 031 563 4333

Cycle Lab Pretoria

Tel: 082 335 1425

Retail Hours:

At Cycle Lab, we offer you at No extra cost;

Monday to Friday; 8am to 18h00 - A Full Bike Set-Up,

with your New Bike, we customise your bike to your body

Saturday; 8am to 15h00 - A Full Bike Maintenance Plan with your New Bike.

Sunday & Public Holidays; 8am to 13h00 - A 30 Day Test Ride on every New Bike purchased.

george.knoetze@agfa.com Sent: 23 August 2007 09:38 AM

To: Cycle Lab

Subject: SSL

Morning Andrew

I know this must be a regular question, but here goes...

The seeding ladder was last updated on 5 June, and a period of 10 weeks has since lapsed. No pressure, but wasn't it going to be done more regularly? I understand that CL is dependent on the timing companies to provide the results, and that CL will then compile this data on the SSL. But surely if they - timing companies - provide the service, this must be part of the criteria when their services are utilised that they would provide the results timorously. All the big races are coming up now, and it would be nice to have a better starting time and group to be in, but obviously all dependent on the SSL. This is not aimed at CL or your team that does good work for us cyclist, but perhaps you could assist in some manner to expedite the process and keep the changes on the SSL more regularly. Thanks.

Kind Regards

George Knoetze

Rad,

This thread has nugged some race organisers in our area to start thinking more seriously about aquiring their own system.  I had supper last night with someone who paid  R66 000.00 to Colin in June, so naturally the topic came up.   66 G's will buy a lot of stuff, but it needs research to get the right stuff.  

Agreed as we all agree we need to put a system in place that is for the better good of us cyclists