Now tell me something..

epoh

I see it as 3 types of licenses

1. CSA full = compete and get seeded in everything  ONLY through a club or registered team as the kit needs te be registered

2. Cyclosport = compete and get seeded in everything EXCEPT provincials and nationals  I thought this was the same as with a full license but someone on the Hub did it directly through CSA

3. Day license = only used on single race day and is unseeded  When you enter the race or pick up your number

One way or another' date=' they will get their money.

[/quote']

And where do you apply for this? Or do I need to join a club...

I see it as 3 types of licenses

1. CSA full = compete and get seeded in everything  ONLY through a club or registered team as the kit needs te be registered

2. Cyclosport = compete and get seeded in everything EXCEPT provincials and nationals  I thought this was the same as with a full license but someone on the Hub did it directly through CSA

3. Day license = only used on single race day and is unseeded  When you enter the race or pick up your number

One way or another' date=' they will get their money.

[/quote']

And where do you apply for this? Or do I need to join a club...

Thanks Mampara...

So the Cyclosport license might be available without needing to join a club? Guess we will wait and see...

Regarding the 'day' license - am I correct in assuming that the R30 will then be charged on top of whatever fee the race organisers had planned on? I.e. R100 for 25km PLUS R30 for license?

Eish.... Confused

Quote Mampara: I thought this was the same as with a full license but someone on the Hub did it directly through CSA

Can you tell us who and how they did it?

That seems to be the better option for me as I don't particularly want to join any specific club but would still like to be seeded.

Was posted before' date=' but refer to you club chairman he knows everything [/quote']

WOOF!

Knock yourself out ' date=' myself just had 3 beers from the R30 i saved today . [/quote']

Waar koop jy bier. Is dit nie soos R 27-00 vir 'n six pack nie?

There is an article in the either the ride or bycycling regarding this.

1. Full lic race you can race National, prov, inter club etc, basically any cycle race.

2. Cyclosport, this can be obtained either through your club for R55 plus R20 per dicipline or for those not wishing to join a club directly from CGA for R150. This allows you to race any race as a seeded rider, and if you are good enough to race with full lic riders but not national, prov or club champs.

3. Club membershipfor 2007, riders do not need temp lic and will be seeded into A,B,C or whatever group depending on your seeding, you also have the same restrictions on what races you can do same as Cyclosport.

4. If you have none of the above you need to buy a temp lic, restricted to 2 per year with no seeding.

and as far as I remember from previous discussions, one is only allowed two day licenses per year?

Confused

There is an article in the either the ride or bycycling regarding this.

1. Full lic race you can race National' date=' prov, inter club etc, basically any cycle race.

2. Cyclosport, this can be obtained either through your club for R55 plus R20 per dicipline or for those not wishing to join a club directly from CGA for R150. This allows you to race any race as a seeded rider, and if you are good enough to race with full lic riders but not national, prov or club champs.

3. Club membershipfor 2007, riders do not need temp lic and will be seeded into A,B,C or whatever group depending on your seeding, you also have the same restrictions on what races you can do same as Cyclosport.

4. If you have none of the above you need to buy a temp lic, restricted to 2 per year with no seeding.
[/quote']

I just emailed CSA and they replied saying you can only get the Cyclosport throught licensing with a club not directly through them????

Huh????Confused

They are still looking at that and it has not been finalized yet . It is one of the biggest issues at this stage I think .

Then how can they be publishing this info in a magazine ........... unless Scotty is lying......mmmmmhhhhhhWackoWink

I paid my R150 to CGC and got a signed confirmation from them which they said i must show if any organizer wants to charge me a R30 day license fee. Compulsory club membership issue i believe is still to be decided.CAADman2007-08-06 07:47:14

The direct affiliation is through Central Gauteng Cycling, Gail Heuvel, they are in the Cycle Lab area. R150, plus R75, when last I spoke to her. I am in the process of an alternate arrangement, will know in a month if it worksSmile, costing R150 and basically boils down to a cyclosport license, I assume