buycycle

Omlette

Eish......I just have to laugh at everyone going on about Newsletters & wanting too sue people. Come on you're living in South Africa, not America! Next time that traffic cop asks for a bribe or your family get attacked by some barbarians.....then let's see who'll be "suing" & who'll be "running" for Australia ??? So get over it & unsubscribe.....WTF!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see now......a company like ABI who owns the rights to market & distribute Coke. Put millions of Rands up front capital in to build warehouses, buy trucks to distribute & build bottling factories. Now Chris Willemse ("Fast Foods") in Cape Town decides he's uncle living in Brazil can supply Coke to him "cheaper" than ABI can produce/import it. Does ALL the rights that ABI has as the sole importer/distributor for Coke in SA, just "fall away" ?? Must ABI just turn over & take it up the rear ???? I don't think so. (The use of ABI & Coke, was only as an example).

So get over it & unsubscribe.....WTF!

F^%ck that, they shouldn't have sent it to me in the first place. But i forgot, we're South Africans, laws only apply to us when it suits us.

Let's see now......a company like ABI who owns the rights to market & distribute Coke. Put millions of Rands up front capital in to build warehouses, buy trucks to distribute & build bottling factories. Now Chris Willemse ("Fast Foods") in Cape Town decides he's uncle living in Brazil can supply Coke to him "cheaper" than ABI can produce/import it. Does ALL the rights that ABI has as the sole importer/distributor for Coke in SA, just "fall away" ?? Must ABI just turn over & take it up the rear ???? I don't think so. (The use of ABI & Coke, was only as an example).

Your point is? If 'taking it up the rear' means CWC can offer prices on a par with the rest of the world then to Mr Willemse I have to say, poke away pal, love your work.

That analogy doesn't hold I am afraid - the 'agents' / importers might have some capital invested in stock, but beyond that all they are interested in keeping margins as high as possible all the down to the retail chain. What value do they add? Good support and service? not my experience. So on-line shops (local and overseas) can move the components we need at reasonable prices, and thats a relief. Almost every time I been to the local BS I feel ripped.

Hoe kan Fritz die goed goedkoper pos as wat jy dit direk in sy winkel kan koop?

Hoe kan Fritz die goed goedkoper pos as wat jy dit direk in sy winkel kan koop?

Alot of companies are doing that. Its often cheaper to buy online from CWC and have him post than for me to drive out there and buy off his shelf.

Might want to add some VAT to that calc...

You still need to add import duties to that unfortuanitly. And the VAT when it comes into the coutnry. Then also you will need to compare that price against what your local LBS's charges rather than what CRC charges. This site wont aim to undercut CRC they will aim to undercut the overpriced local shops.

And BTW gents getting a notification is not legaly considered spam. How do they get your details, read the fine print of every site you visit. If you enter your details onto a site, it becomes IP of the site owner its no longer your details it now belongs to the site. They can legally sell and market your details as they please. Hence why some companies will say explicitly we will not redistrobute your details. Not becuase its illegal, its because its probably a reputable site.

Nobody likes spam, but its like South African's only recently discovered spam, come on chaps its been a problem since the first e-mail servers went live, you have two choices unfortuanitly, either deal with it by unsubcribing and getting spam fileters, or kill you internet connection and throw away your PC.

If they sent me 20 mails a week i'd be pissed, but the fact that they sourced my address from somewhere is just how the internet works.

... but the fact that they sourced my address from somewhere is just how the internet works.

No its not, its against the law. What is it that people can't understand about this really simple fact.

BTW, there is no import duty on bike parts.

Velo i work with this on a daily basis so I am not going to get into this debate again. We had this in a previous post, It is not illegal, only the act of spamming is illegal in SA and only if you can prove its spam. i.e. you have done everything in your power to let the sender know that you do not want these mails and they refuse to stop contacting you.

Then there are other factors to consider as to which laws apply, where is the compnay registerd, where is the infrastructure hosted etc, as each country has their own legal system and the internet is universal and our legislation in SA simply is not broad enough to cover these conditions and loopholes.

You willingly give your details to a website nobody forces you to do that, and it does become their property to do with as they please thats why there are organizations like trustee, if you see their logo you will know that they will not sell your details to thirdparties as its one of the conditions to be able to have that logo displayed on your site.

• 2 weeks later...

These guys don't seem to get the hint. I got spammed again - twice - today :angry:

I might not be able to have them arrested, tarred and feathered and then shot, but I will never, ever buy anything from them and will make sure I get as much negative word of mouth advertising done as possible!

If anybody from buycycle is on the hub, I just want them to know - This is really bad form guys.

Vuilgoed - did you unsubscribe? I really can't believe that guys would keep whining when there is a unsubscribe option, sulke vuilgoed!

I like receiving the emails and don't consider it to be spam, and think that there are many guys who would agree? They should keep sending me the newsletter!

Vuilgoed - did you unsubscribe? I really can't believe that guys would keep whining when there is a unsubscribe option, sulke vuilgoed!

But then he wont be able to moan anymore? That is the number one pass time on the hub after all,