Import duties on cycling goods

Capricorn

No. No import duty. VAT is calculated on the invoice price + 10%, so essentially you're paying VAT at 15.4%. 

no, duty free, so you vat is an effective 15.4%

thanks gents for the speedy reply. 

appreciate it

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just FIY. Bought something from Evan Cycles on Friday, got delivered Monday morning at 9am. :w00t:

Free DHL shipping.  Charged 14% vat and R200 handling. We have to pounce on the Rand Pound at the moment.    

Edited by Bassman

Just a quick question; if I order a pair of forks and a pair of kneeguards from CR in the same order, will kneeguard (i.e. clothing) tax be added to both items, so across the whole order, or each item get respective tax added?

Each one will be calculated separately.

30%

Damn man Myles I want to try flat pedals and see how it is but don't want to fork out huge amount of money for flat shoes yet so was looking at a cheapish pair for now to see if I like it,otherwise it's skate shoes or I must try my Kestrels.

Damn man Myles I want to try flat pedals and see how it is but don't want to fork out huge amount of money for flat shoes yet so was looking at a cheapish pair for now to see if I like it,otherwise it's skate shoes or I must try my Kestrels.

Skate shoes are fine for now, bud. 

Check CRC out to see if they have any on special though. What size are you?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/661-filter-mtb-shoes-2016/rp-prod112618

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Do you think the Kestrels will work

They'll probably be too stiff, tbh. It's that steel shank in there that means they won't allow your foot to form to the pedals, which is needed on the flats. Bigger platform = lower requirement for stiffness

So after long searching and not finding my needs within my budget locally, i decided to wait for the elections and watch the pound drop. Eventually on the 8th I made my purchase and EMS just delivered my tyres and grips to my office. Had to pay R106-06 for VAT, R43-00 for Clearance = Total R149-06 bringing my total bill for 2 tubeless tyres and MTB Lock on Grips to R952-38 

Gotta love these grips though

post-46817-0-91459700-1471946866_thumb.jpg

Hopefully they will last longer than my previous 3 pairs I bough locally. 

So after long searching and not finding my needs within my budget locally, i decided to wait for the elections and watch the pound drop. Eventually on the 8th I made my purchase and EMS just delivered my tyres and grips to my office. Had to pay R106-06 for VAT, R43-00 for Clearance = Total R149-06 bringing my total bill for 2 tubeless tyres and MTB Lock on Grips to R952-38 

Gotta love these grips though

attachicon.gifDa Bomb.jpg

Hopefully they will last longer than my previous 3 pairs I bough locally.

You can get those grips locally.