Contador Bad sportmanship ?

Ovenboi

schleck should have been penalised for being pushed by spectators after dropping his chain.

Yup.. and thats a WRITTEN LAW.. not some wishy washy unwritten law

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

schleck should have been penalised for being pushed by spectators after dropping his chain.

Let me guess, you are watching your first Tour De France.

ccc = city cycling club

get a clue

Well then they should have archive tapes.

But still not getting your point, oh I thought you blocked me.

Don't the referee somtimes turn a blind eye to something. Like drafting behind a car after some problem or a spectator pushing a rider (after a problem).

Seems that there's lots of people here ot getting it.

I understand why the rule is in place but what makes this a crappy rule IMO is; How do you control this as a rider?

You get on your bike and spectators run up to push you... you then proceed to jump off your bike and start bl!ksem-ing everyone that get's close to your bike? :P

Don't the referee somtimes turn a blind eye to something. Like drafting behind a car after some problem or a spectator pushing a rider (after a problem).

Seems that there's lots of people here ot getting it.

yup - correct

but technically speaking - ie - if it had to go to arbitration, AS would be disqualified for outside assistance

andy_schlek : "Nasty haed day in TDF@albertocontador apologize 2 me today really big from him!!we re good again! End of story!"

yup - correct

but technically speaking - ie - if it had to go to arbitration, AS would be disqualified for outside assistance

And if he did he would have it overthrown, this has happened more often than we could even care to remember.

I do think however that the written law actually stipulates "technical" assistance.

And if he did he would have it overthrown, this has happened more often than we could even care to remember.

I do think however that the written law actually stipulates "technical" assistance.

nope - the written law specifically states outside assistance, however, its not very often enforced unless there is a huuuge advantage gained.

Also, it is an unwritten law (ironic) that riders dont complain about outside assistance.

But technically speaking, AS would be penalized or DQ'd

the fact that it hasnt been enforced before is neither here nor there. it has no bearing on this specific case

yup - correct

:rolleyes: :( :D :unsure: :D

So, to stir the pot a little more now that the ripples are dying down, why would Alberto apologise to Andy if he did nothing wrong?

A few pages back Andy was accused of bringing no glory to the yellow jersey because all he did was follow Alberto around the stages. How did Alberto celebrate his first day in the yellow jersey yesterday? Seemed to me that he pretty much was following the white one.

I am not saying that Andy is the consummate Tour professional, that he is blameless and perfect. I am not even saying that I am supporting him for a Tour win this year.

My biggest gripe was the way he shot off his pistol on the podium. That showed that he cares only about himself and what he can get out of anyone and anything. As a cyclist he is incredible, as a sportsman he is zero to me. He says that he did not know that Andy had a problem, and by the time he found out it was too late to stop the attack. If I take that at face value, why shoot off a victory shot on the podium because by that time he did already know what the story was.

Perhaps this pistol thingy is an involuntary reaction to some or other medication - more of a tic than a salute.