SANI2C...August 12:00 (who got an entry?)

Santa C

Nothing like last year, we got in in the first 10.

This year I'm still trying, ..... almost 1½ now !!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to have made progress.

I have entered all the rider details and am waiting some more.

(What are they using as a server? A cellphone?)

SUBARU sani2c entry conditions

By ticking the box which allows me to continue completing the entry process means I agree before entering the SUBARU sani2c to the following:

1. I agree to all the rules of the event.

2. I understand that after the stipulated “no more refunds” date there will be no refunds for whatever reason.

3. I will not under any circumstances try and get a non-registered person into the riders dining area, the tented village or any where deemed to be rider’s only areas

4. I understand that sani2c is a mountain biking event with dangerous sections that may not be marked according to all our needs. That I can ride a mountain bike to an acceptable level.

5. I understand that given the size of event a small amount of queuing may be inevitable. I will use my brain and come back to the bike wash later or I will get a beer in the queue and chill to enjoy the experience.

6. I will not pay any non-sanctioned person to wash my bike, carry my bag/box and if I do, it could lead to black listing. With this in mind I agree that I do not need any other person present to do what I am quite capable of doing myself.

7. I will not bring any private masseurs to the event, I will not bring a driver or second to help me carry my box/bag or a private mechanic that is not sanctioned by the event. This is applicable to pro teams too. I agree that if I want this type of support to make use of other B & B accommodation away from the race village.

8. That only registered camper vans will be allowed in the race village parking areas. This means that the driver will need to be registered with the sani2c race office – the full fee for this driver will need to be paid.

9. I understand that there could be someone better than me on single track and that I will make every effort to allow him or her to pass so they can enjoy the track relative to their skill.

10. Even if I am a serious racer I agree that I will try to acknowledge the people at water points and other people on route who have given up their time to help me have a great time.

11. That this is just a mountain bike ride and it is meant to be enjoyed – I do not expect everything done for me. I will not act like I am more special than anyone and I will not moan about the weather, the mud, the cold, or anything related to the rough terrain of South Africa. I am not a sissy!

Never done the Sani2C and have been trying for 3 years to get an entry - about to give up and call it a bad idea :angry: I see that I can now only apply on 30 August IF the 650 entries have not been filled!!!

I seem to have made progress.

I have entered all the rider details and am waiting some more.

(What are they using as a server? A cellphone?)

Punch Cards.......................

helping mate enter as he is in africa somewhere and everytime i hit proceed after entering the riders names and details it bombs and says send a mail to entelect telling them what you did ?

Ok, 2 hours later and our team is successfully registered. What a bloody process though. Hope everyone else busy trying also gets there entries done. The event is worth it, even though about half an hour ago I was seriously debating whether it actually was :)

helping mate enter as he is in africa somewhere and everytime i hit proceed after entering the riders names and details it bombs and says send a mail to entelect telling them what you did ?

I finally got to that point too.

Annoyed and Frustrated!

now it says our flippen team name is "in use" ... that after getting an error message

moer, what now ... cant try to re-enter .... :angry:

how long after you have etered your team successfully does it take to get information back from them??

My entry also bombed on filling in the rider details etc clicking on 'proceed' button, redirecting me to the error page to send an email and my details to entelect - but when I retried it says the ID is already registered for the event....lets hope but no confirmation email as yet that i'm in. not sure now?angry.gif