Bottel cage problem

Alien Racer

The issue is more with the bottle as said before.

Use the Cheaper Thick Ally cages and make sure the bottle bend/rib, whatever fits under the lip of the cage and you are sorted.

If the lip of the cage pushes into the outside of the bottle you are going to loose it no matter what cage you have.

...i dont drink. i just lick the sweat off my arms, spit, and ride!!! f yeah

me neither,i fill my mouth with water before i start and just take little sips when a need, but will try your arm licking trick when i run out next time

Problem with those Ally bottles are that they mark/damage/discolour your bottles as they turn and rattle around in the holder.

Dont like it at all. Got a set of holders on my bike from Cicio (can't remember where I bought them). Also ally but it has two plastic inserts at the top part which grips the bottles tight and does not allow them to move around. Nice tight fit and also have not had one bottle bouncing out, no matter how bumpy the track. This is on my Schwinn HT.

I use the Bontrager race light plastic cages, together with Giant bottles, as the lip on the cage grips the bottle on a bump in the bottle if that makes sense :blink:

Dont understand why you would spend R200-R300 on a bottle cage holder to hold a R15 bottle. Incase you loose it.

I use aluminium ones that I can bend to keep the bottles in place... not the coolest but the most practicle I've found.

This works for me too.

Going down a dirt road at 75Km/h and the bottle stayed put.

Even very rought MTB'ing and the bottle held.

If you currently have carbon bottle cages, that problem can be overcome.

Carbon can be remolded, heat it up, and bend it close where it gives more grip, good or even better than new!

Careful of these cages....they have caused a HUGE scratch on my frame and various other hubber's frames.

Ask Jules to enlighten you with details of his badly damaged Scott CR1 frame!!! :( :( :(

I can't see how Spinnekop.

I have been using them for everything and not a single scratch.

I can't see how Spinnekop.

I have been using them for everything and not a single scratch.

I have also used them extensively....LOVED them! until I got a scratch on my frame and saw the exact same scratch on my team mate's bike.

And Jules got off worse than us!!

Basically what happens is that rubber thingy gets old and stretchy.....like if you use a condom for 15 times.....and the water bottle then slips through at the bottom and starts rubbing seatpost/downtube on the opposite side.

I does not happen a lot.....but it only needs to happen ONCE to you to make you throw them away!!!

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/62724-the-mystery-of-the-damaged-down-tubes/page__p__939090__fromsearch__1#entry939090

I have also used them extensively....LOVED them! until I got a scratch on my frame and saw the exact same scratch on my team mate's bike.

And Jules got off worse than us!!

Basically what happens is that rubber thingy gets old and stretchy.....like if you use a condom for 15 times.....and the water bottle then slips through at the bottom and starts rubbing seatpost/downtube on the opposite side.

I does not happen a lot.....but it only needs to happen ONCE to you to make you throw them away!!!

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/62724-the-mystery-of-the-damaged-down-tubes/page__p__939090__fromsearch__1#entry939090

Then you must post the correct picture tjomma, those cages you show don't have that rubber thingy.

The biggest problem with these actually was where the bottle rests, that used to soften out and bend downwards, then the bottle would slide through and touch the down tube and sometimes even the seat tube.

http://s.wiggle.co.uk/images/spec%20rib%20cage%20pro%2007.jpg

Specialized Rib Cage Pro:

http://www.evanscycles.com/product_image/image/614/1ae/efe/39048/product_page/specialized-rib-cage-pro-bottle-cage.jpg?1246014164

I've yet to lose a bottle! Road or mountain bike...

These newer rib cages are great. I think they cost about R200. But you still have to have the right bottle/cage combo. I find the Bontrager bottles fit best - the indented lip is in just the right spot. I also put some extra silicone in a few spots to make an even tighter fit.

Dont understand why you would spend R200-R300 on a bottle cage holder to hold a R15 bottle. Incase you loose it.

Ja right, like you need bottle cages Big J-WP- you loose your bottles as a result of that sling action when you aim at the cars windscreen :lol: