Chapmans peak closed indefinitely

word

I agree, they should have it open shortly...unless there is a group that objects to the relocation of a boulder on the basis that it will affect the skyline adversely, and that the money could be better spent upgrading the toilet facilities at the Salt River Station....

And with the detour, it's not Ou Bastard Weg that's the problem, it's the damn drag back up the blue route to UCT that's the killer.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never done the detour either.

Those that done both, which one is easier?

Anyone got a profile of the detour?

I HATE THE BLUE ROUTE BACK TOGETHER WITH OU KAAPSE CRAP.  Bring back Chappies!!!!!!!!Cry

I wont even bother entering if it is back to the old route......Thumbs%20Down

Done both.  Both sub 3.  And Chappies is by FAR the best!!!!

The blue route back KILLS you....then Hospital bend.  etc...etc...etc....it just doesn't end.

Here is a direct comparison.  A little off sinc but you get the idea.....Look at the last two climbs.....those are the mothers that will haunt you

20070823_042746_untitled.JPG

Guest colonel

I HATE THE BLUE ROUTE BACK TOGETHER WITH OU KAAPSE CRAP.  Bring back Chappies!!!!!!!!Cry

I wont even bother entering if it is back to the old route......Thumbs%20Down

Scared of Oukaapse weg are we??Wink

During the whole Detour time, even though Chappies was closed you could still ride it. You just had to lift your bike over the barriers and watch out for the potholes on the Noordehoek side. Actually one of those potholes was about the size of a car & had taken half the road down the mountain.

Just think, 30 000 people taking part in the Cape Argus road & cyclocross event in March..

Scared of Oukaapse weg are we??Wink

If I say yes, you will most likely organise the old route for next year!!  DeadBig%20smile

But no.....Ou Kaapse weg is not the big issue......it is little sh*tty climbs that follows after the blue route....Confused

Agree Clap

Relax oaks, Chappies is often closed for a few days to a few weeks to clear rocks and do some patching up. no worries, will be open for the Argus again.

You can normally get a bike through no problem

I cant believe that there are sadists out there who would rather ride the detour.... Although a sub three detour would also be nice.