Garmin - Yes or No

Vetseun

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy with my edge 500, holds up well on the mtb, mount is superb !

From CRC its allot cheaper than local, if you can live with no official support.

I've gotten a QR wrist mount for it as well, so I'm using it when I go trail running, works a treat !

Google DC Rainmaker, he has good reviews on the garmin units.

I'd go for the 500 if you dont need maps, smaller, cheaper and better mount than the 705.

Polar = Vitality Points

I remember reading somewhere that the Garmin files can be converted into Polar and them imported for Vitality points also - problem solved!

I've gotten a QR wrist mount for it as well, so I'm using it when I go trail running, works a treat !

Where did you get the QR wrist mount from? I must have missed that!

I got this one - the color suited my bike better :D

post-4352-010620600 1281760367.jpg

Got the 305, had it replaced under warrenty 3 times, would definately go for a polar, I find the HR/training data easier to use and follow.

Got the 305, had it replaced under warrenty 3 times, would definately go for a polar, I find the HR/training data easier to use and follow.

I think most of those who want the Garmin as a training tool are scared they will get lost!!!!!!!!!

Do a search of the web and see how many has the same complaint.

Tank its 310XT QR kit from CRC and then you need the strap as well that the forerunner 310xt uses, around R300 for both

• 1 month later...

I remember reading somewhere that the Garmin files can be converted into Polar and them imported for Vitality points also - problem solved!

Apparently you can only upload Polar hrm files direct from the watch to Vitality and not files from your hard drive so converted files will not work.

Yup, I investigated this further

The file is uploaded to the Polar website not to Discovery. Polar is where the issue lies.

Only other way I can think of is to convert files to hrm and then upload them to a polar watch and then to the web.

Can files be uploaded to the watch?

Not ideal cause then you might as well get a watch, but I will be able to get hold of a watch once in a while.