Dissapointing Purchase from @Specialized

Wrigs

The guy not getting back to you aside, which he should of.

Could the items that dont fit just be one of those factory faults? i have had a few items that were like that.

It could be that I was unlucky and got a serious dud - but then I guess an offer to replace or refund would be a reasonable expectation. :o:(

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The sizing/fit of kit can often vary widely between even the different official kit. you should fit your kit on before buying.I have already had kit from UK which just did not fit right and i had to give it away.

I read the original thread and if you Wrigs went ahead and bought the kit despite everyone on that thread going out of their way to make the point that the kit is counterfeit then you should not be crying now.

When you not paying Santini money you cant expect that quality?

For the record I am acquainted with Adiel but I wont buy fake team clothes I will rather save for the real deal.

On this thread check how hubbers tooka chance and bought clothes from china

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/74903-d

o-you-want-to-buy-cheap-cycling-jersey/page__p__1070478__hl__cycling+jersey__fromsearch__1#entry1070478

I read the original thread and if you Wrigs went ahead and bought the kit despite everyone on that thread going out of their way to make the point that the kit is counterfeit then you should not be crying now.

Agreed, unfortunately i was the 1st sucker to buy it approx 2 weeks before the thread you just quoted. All I had was his word and our discussion.

When you not paying Santini money you cant expect that quality?

For the record I am acquainted with Adiel but I wont buy fake team clothes I will rather save for the real deal.

Again, unfortunately at R850 I was paying Santini money

I will rather save for the real deal.

you and me both mate, you and me both!

dSeems like this oke also has a thick skin, he has been challenge many times about the *** he is selling, but he continues, Piracy is a scourge, the same as knowingly not paying duties etc. It shows ones character, surely you are not that naive, to actually think you are buying genuine goods, you therefore deserve the pain this transaction has caused. If it's too good to be true, than it usually is. Send the goods back to him with a huge can of whupp ass...

Its a free market. The dude can sell what he wants. What did you expect for R500? He gave you a bib-shorts,top and armwarmers.

Er, okay, cool, I have some Eastern friends who have a load of abalone they want to offload…silverboy, are you for real? Like Mackie, Willehond and others have pointed out, these kits are illegal knock-offs. Counterfeit. Here's something for you to read:

http://www.lafafsi.com/articles.php?category=Articles&headline=Counterfeiting+in+South+Africa

whats with all the @ signs - is this Twitter now????

who wants to ride in pro kit anywhere.......its for pro's who get paid to ride with random corporate names and logos all over them........strange to have to pay to adverstise someone else's concern.......

@rock…#fakegoods *knockoff #counterfeit…

That original post is full of fabrications. As far as I know Coolmax does not manufacture kit, but they do supply the padding insert. As with all padding inserts these range from cheap to great quality. The kit is clearly counterfeit and not "replica". It is quite possible though that the seller is making a decent profit even if duties are being paid as these kits are widely available for $50 or less from various knock-off shops online. That probably means lot size costs are around $20 for lots of 10 or more. Maybe all "pro" kit should carry a warning of buyer beware - it is usually inferior unless you are willing to fork out for both the quality and the licensing fees. Over R2500 for a full kit I would guess.

So if this kit is illegal, pirated goods, then why has no-one reported the guy to the relevant authorities?

The laws are in place to protect us, from crappy knock-offs, so why not use them?

Great point, does anyone know whether Coolmax have a local representative in SA - I would like to show them what's being passed off as their product

So if this kit is illegal, pirated goods, then why has no-one reported the guy to the relevant authorities?

The laws are in place to protect us, from crappy knock-offs, so why not use them?

THE SOUTHERN AFRICAN FEDERATION AGAINST COPYRIGHT THEFT

Physical Address : Unit 8

152 Bram Fischer Drive

Randburg

Gauteng, South Africa

Postal Address : Postnet Suite 12

Private Bag X 10015

Randburg

Tel No : +27 (11) 998-5800

Fax No : +27 (11) 886-3367

E-Mail : info@safact.co.za

Web Site : www.safact.co.za

And here goes my 5c.

Adiel should be ashamed of himself. If the thing is cracked, torn, lower quality, then say so. People always respect you if you are dead honest. Straight shooters always do better in the long run.

• 1 month later...

You can get Original team replica kits off CWC from about R1200 (made by Castelli), to me its a no brainer, pay the extra 40% and get the real deal, if you're paying R850 for a complete kit then accept the fact that its probably not going to be the best quality! Perhaps you want a cheap training kit? Or maybe you're a cheap skate and don't want to pay the full price? either way at the end of the day its your decision, in the long run, these cheap deals often end up costing you more one way or another. I'm not commenting on the actions of any individual here, just stating what I find to be the obvious.

It would be great if there were a buyer / seller rating system like they use on Bid Or Buy, it would change the dynamics of this website, perhaps the site admin could look at getting this development done?

I was actually considering buy this kit end of the month from him....thanks for the warnings! Will go rather spend some more for proper gear