Dissapointing Purchase from @Specialized

Wrigs

If you wanna buy knock off stuff, go to cycling-jersey.net. It cheap and the quality of the shirts is good... dont know about the bibs, thats one area i dont compromise!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"tight around the chest and loose and baggy in the crotch area."

easy on those steroids guy....... :)

I tried to warn you guys, but you just did not want to listen!!! He sells fake stuff and it sucks. I got lots of flak for taking him on, but I'll do it again. The more people who attack his fake clothing the more likely it is that someone else gets duped too.

@Wrigs, yes positive and negative feedback is always appreciated and must be shared.

But I for one know that 'Specialized' did warn all that they were not original kits. So I dont think he was unfair as he did WARN .. If someone hides things from us Hubbers,thats a different story.

So once again, you get what you pay for..

my2c

@Wrigs, yes positive and negative feedback is always appreciated and must be shared.

But I for one know that 'Specialized' did warn all that they were not original kits. So I dont think he was unfair as he did WARN .. If someone hides things from us Hubbers,thats a different story.

So once again, you get what you pay for..

my2c

Nope, he only said it was "replica", never that it wasn't original! Remember, the proper stuff is also called "replica", but is proper Castelli kit.

Also, Adiel only mentioned it was "fake" once we kept on questionning him about it! He is a scammer who only sells via a cellphone number. Dodgy as they come!

Check out this thread and please show me where he mentions it is "replica"...

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/62551-tour-de-france-team-kits/page__p__937294__hl__fake__fromsearch__1#entry937294

Nope, he only said it was "replica", never that it wasn't original! Remember, the proper stuff is also called "replica", but is proper Castelli kit.

Also, Adiel only mentioned it was "fake" once we kept on questionning him about it! He is a scammer who only sells via a cellphone number. Dodgy as they come!

Check out this thread and please show me where he mentions it is "replice"...

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/62551-tour-de-france-team-kits/page__p__937294__hl__fake__fromsearch__1#entry937294

Sounds to me like a get-rich-quick vibe, selling sh!t!! Dodge!!!!!

Its a free market. The dude can sell what he wants. What did you expect for R500? He gave you a bib-shorts,top and armwarmers.

No one forced you to buy. Some guys were bragging about the kit they bought from a chinese website at a higher price. They didnt complain.

REPLICA

The definition of "replica" has emerged, that defines one, as a copy of an original object, that can only be made by the original company (or corporate descendant) of the firm that made the original object---any other sort of copy of an original object would be called a "reproduction" instead.

However, replicas have often been used illegally, for forgery, counterfeits, fakes; especially of money and coins, but also commercial merchandise such as designer label clothing, luxury bags and accessories, and luxury watches.

So spec' should have used the term reproduction, not replica.

Me thinks you get what you's pay for, when you's buy a reproduction :D :D ....and that of course still remains YOUR choice.

I agree with Silverboy

no one forced anybody to buy this kit

What did they expect R500 will buy assos quality .

Unfortunetly you had a bad experience where as many hubbers are raving about how comforable and happy they are with their kit.

I agree with Silverboy

no one forced anybody to buy this kit

What did they expect R500 will buy assos quality .

Unfortunetly you had a bad experience where as many hubbers are raving about how comforable and happy they are with their kit.

Wow I thought this topic was done and dusted but it looks like Specialized has managed to pull a few tjomies out of hibernation.

So dudes if you want to come out and support lets get the facts right,

1. I didnt pay R500 I paid R850 for a bib and vest.

2. No I didnt expect Assos but was expecting Santini (which i have used for 18 months weekly and still awesome)

3. I spoke to Adiel to understand exactly what i was getting and he couldnt have pimped it up more if he tried - awesome quality, better than first ascent or cape storm, I wear it everyday blah blah - all turned out to be a pile of ####

4. I believed him because i was a stupid rookie who thought that anyone with that length of time and number of HUB interactions must have proven himself - not true. Unfortunately i didnt see any negative feedback on @specialized before buying. This is why it could be good to have a spot on the HUB where we can rate interactions like on ebay.

5. Finally, if it was simply a case of lower quality then tough luck but this kit is un wearable - doesnt fit at all and not just because its too small because its small in some places and too big in others. any lbs or honourable seller would take back or exchange in that instance.

Absolutely guys - you get what you pay for but for R850 I would have gotten some pretty decent kit from my lbs - for R850

My point with this thread is not to moan - its an R850 lesson which i chalk down to experience - but hopefully to help another unsuspecting hubber from making the same mistake i made by trusting a dishonest seller.

Wow I thought this topic was done and dusted but it looks like Specialized has managed to pull a few tjomies out of hibernation.

So dudes if you want to come out and support lets get the facts right,

1. I didnt pay R500 I paid R850 for a bib and vest.

2. No I didnt expect Assos but was expecting Santini (which i have used for 18 months weekly and still awesome)

3. I spoke to Adiel to understand exactly what i was getting and he couldnt have pimped it up more if he tried - awesome quality, better than first ascent or cape storm, I wear it everyday blah blah - all turned out to be a pile of ####

4. I believed him because i was a stupid rookie who thought that anyone with that length of time and number of HUB interactions must have proven himself - not true. Unfortunately i didnt see any negative feedback on @specialized before buying. This is why it could be good to have a spot on the HUB where we can rate interactions like on ebay.

5. Finally, if it was simply a case of lower quality then tough luck but this kit is un wearable - doesnt fit at all and not just because its too small because its small in some places and too big in others. any lbs or honourable seller would take back or exchange in that instance.

Absolutely guys - you get what you pay for but for R850 I would have gotten some pretty decent kit from my lbs - for R850

My point with this thread is not to moan - its an R850 lesson which i chalk down to experience - but hopefully to help another unsuspecting hubber from making the same mistake i made by trusting a dishonest seller.

The guy not getting back to you aside, which he should of.

Could the items that dont fit just be one of those factory faults? i have had a few items that were like that.

whats with all the @ signs - is this Twitter now????

who wants to ride in pro kit anywhere.......its for pro's who get paid to ride with random corporate names and logos all over them........strange to have to pay to adverstise someone else's concern.......