Please don't ride on hiking trails

Weight Weenie

Hey all

I've started doing trail running as mtb cross training and it saddens me to see tyre tracks on the hiking trails at groenkloof.

Please guys don't ride there and even if you don't, please tell others not to if they are riding there.

There are enought mtb specific trails and all are well marked, can't see how one can go ride there if there is a 'no-mtb' sign at the trail head.

Next thing no more mtb'ing will be allowed there and then what ? :(

Lets preserve our access to this little piece of Eden in the city.

Thanks,

WW.

In our area we have an issue with a new trail cut for MTB and the motorcross idiots and those with horses assume its there for all.

I agree,stay on the trails that are there for you.

And on those that should be shared,respect the other users and avoid the crap....

;)

After reading some old copies of MB-UK it looks as though we are now heading that way where hikers/bikers/riders all clash on the trail!

In our area we have an issue with a new trail cut for MTB and the motorcross idiots and those with horses assume its there for all.

I agree,stay on the trails that are there for you.

And on those that should be shared,respect the other users and avoid the crap....

;)

Put up signs and police it....... do not just complain.

I've asked some people riding on the hiking trail at Groenkloof to refrain from doing it on more than one occasion and was told to either f off or mind my own business. People using Groenkloof are in general very tolerant but it only takes one nasty incident (there are families with older people and small children on the hiking trails) for the situation to escalate. MTbers using the hiking trails fall in the same category than those who ride wrong way around or make their own trail because the existing is too long or too difficult. That category is called idiots.

Yeah, have you noticed that poeple...(not incorrect spelling in this case) tend to do things they are not suppposed to simply because they cant give a damn. That's why the country is in such a state.

Good post Muddy...if we all pay attention to the regulations, then everyone will be better off..It starts with us as they say.

Put up signs and police it....... do not just complain.

We are mountain bikers,not police-men or sign-writers.It is marked as a MTB trail,but others abuse it.Not complaining,just mentioning the fact that any nice trail will be used for whatever people want ,regardless of signs,etc.

Unfortunately we can't afford security like you have on your estate.

And parent with small kids,PLEASE keep your kids under controll on the MTB trails!

Last week at Groenies, on two occations we had to hit the bush to avoid kids either coming in the wrong direction on the trail or simply abondoning bikes in the trail :angry:

put up poles about 1.2 meters high every so often on the trail. that should snag most h-bars. Only the most hardassed moron with zero respect for intended use of the trail will skirt around it. and where he will skirt, insert visible spikes. har har

There's an idea, capri! And always just after corners - far enough for a runner to stop or avoid it, but not give enough time to a biker :)

Pretty stupid idea to stick up random poles, end up possibly injuring someone. A better idea would be to have it at the entry exit points of the hiking routes, too narrow for handlebars but wide enough to walk through.

On the same note, runners/hikers shouldn't be using the riding trails either.

Groenkloof is probably one of the best marked multi trail venues around, 90% of the time I don't think theres an excuse for any party to be on the wrong routes. Especially for the odd few riders there without helmets!

ja, the runners and walkers are blind, and just trying ot make it inconvenient for the dumbasss riders using a walking trail, is just silly. my bad. Not that they cant just lfit their bikes over the poles at the beginning.. :rolleyes: :P

i was joking btw.

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/w/why_so_serious_cat-12947.jpg