POLAR AGENTS

manbearpig

You could take it to a Polar dealer and they send it away for you.

It does take up to 10 working days though (from Cape Town).

IHF are the agents , they in Midrand, 011 805 1028 . or as said above take to your local bike shop ( if they are polar agents ) and they can send it for you

Mine also went and it cost me R250 to send it away and I had it back within 3 working days.

My old Polar F55 also gave that message! The rear cover is attached by four very tiny screws. I used a jewellers screwdriver and very carefully removed the rear cover. Fitted 1 x CR2032 button cell, replaced rear cover inspecting rubber seal for any dust/hairs and good as new.

Perhaps when you send it away to Polar they will do an additional pressure test... but I do not swim with mine so this is not an issue.

On my RS800CX PTE, the battery can be replaced by the user by using a coin.

Just be carefull that you do not overtighten those 4 screws- I did and had to get a new unit R1900 later :angry:

That's why I rather send it away and let them do it!!!

Why not change it yourself? Takes an ordinary watch battery. I changed mine (as well as the heart strap) with noooooo problems! (And, I stay in Midrand - you have to make an appoinment if you need it urgently)

To be without it for 10 days, and regarding the mail lately .... you're chancing it!!

The battery isn't std on all the models, i had to hunt for the right battery for the 720i to do it myself. So no 2032, as it is lipped etc, but i don't swim with mine, i also know it's got a slight crack in the casing, it's been fine riding in the rain, but i if i'm running and get rained on (hockey) then the thing mists up, go figure!

Polar will change the seals tho and if there's a leak post service, i'm sure they fulfill any damages etc, something to consider?

Sportsmans Warehouse is an agent so if you don't wanna use your LBS, Sportsmans are generally everywhere, can't comment on whether they'll loose your watch tho & how efficient they are? :unsure:

Generally Polar quotes a week to do it, but its normally done within 4 or 5 days. If you're in Joburg, the Sweat Shop in Dunkeld normally gets it back by Thursday of each week, with no charge to send it in. You're looking at R100 to change the battery. Otherwise speak to Polar directly- you need an appointment though but then they'll probably do it whilst you wait.

Took an HRM watch to IHF last week (had made an appointment), left after 15minutes with a new battery and cost just 100ZA ronds .....

Sucks that there is no one in Cape Town that can do this.

Indeed. One of my pet gripes with Polar SA. Here in Holland I have a local watch shop that is authorised by Polar to change batteries on watches and sensors. I drop it off and pick it up an hour later. Perfect for an espresso stop. Polar SA should really do something like that in Cape Town. Way overdue!